New Delhi, Dec 14: As many as 10,500 restaurants have been de-listed by e-commerce firms like Zomato and Swiggy for not having license or registration under the food safety law, Parliament was told Friday.

Minister of state for health Ashwini Kumar Choubey said the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India or FSSAI in July directed food e-commerce firms to de-list the the restaurants which don't have registration under the Food Safety and Standards (FSS) Act, 2006.

"The Food delivery aggregators informed that they have already initiated action against the defaulting partner hotels/restaurants.

"As per information received, Zomato has delisted 2,500, Swiggy 4,000, Foodpanda 1,800, UberEats 2,000 and foodcloud 200 unlicensed/unregistered FBOs," he said in reply to a question.

The implementation and enforcement of Food Safety and Standards (FSS) Act, 2006 Rules and Regulations made thereunder, primarily rests with state and UT governments, he said.

Commissioner of Food Safety of all states and UTs have been requested to take necessary action to bring all such FBOs or food business operators under the ambit of FSS Act through registration.

No one shall commence or carry on any food business without license or registration under the Act, he said.

Choubey stated further regular surveillance, monitoring, inspection and random sampling of food products are carried out by officials to check compliance of the standards and norms.

In case where the food samples are found to be non- conforming, penal action has been initiated, he stated.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bantwal: Following two patients and a nurse testing positive for Corona infection, the Thumbay Private Hospital has been sealed down, the medical officer has said.

The throat swab samples of the two patients, who had been admitted a couple of days ago with fever, were sent for a Corona test. The reports of both patients show them to be infected.

Also, a nurse at the hospital has tested positive. All three of them have been shifted to the COVID treatment center in Mangaluru.

The private hospital will be sealed down for two days and opened only for emergency medical services. All outpatient services have been halted for now. The other patients at the hospital too have been shifted to hospitals in Mangaluru to continue their treatment, said the officer.