New Delhi, April 16: Adventure sports are unique in their adrenaline-inducing capabilities, owing to the thrill and ‘risque' factor involved. However, a sports lover must venture into such extreme activities after being educated into the art of taking a ‘calculated risk, say experts.
Niharika Nigam, Business Development Director at Jumpin Heights, lists some precautionary measures that need to be kept in mind:
* Research on your destination and associated safety measures: The success and failure of this industry comes down to one primary aspect and that is safety. One should do some primary research on the company providing their chosen activity before visiting, look up testimonials, ratings and should take appropriate measures. Ask questions about the safety practices followed, understand how disciplined is the organisation in the maintenance of the same.
* Pack wisely and smartly for the trip: While going on for an adventure trip, one must pack efficiently and smartly. They should carry all the necessary trip accessories like water bottle, flashlight or torch, portable charger, sunglasses, sleeping bag sheet, medicines and some toiletries in their backpacks.
* Loosen up: The whole point of adventure sports is to expand our horizon, shatter the glass ceiling we set for ourselves and step out of our comfort zones. Acknowledging this larger picture pushes one to truly embrace the experience and squeeze out every ounce of benefit and glory from that one exhilarating opportunity.
Pushpendra Sharma, Founder of HotelDekho.com, suggests:
* The fitness challenge: Understanding your fitness levels is important to get the maximum out of your adventure. Do not put your health at risk by trying something that you are clearly not capable of. Ensure you have got your medical tests done and consulted your doctor before attempting something you have never done before. The tests may vary depending on the nature of the activity you are planning to indulge in.
* Get insured: Buy a travel insurance plan that will safeguard you and your loved ones in case of any unforeseen incidents during your adventure trip. Before buying a policy go through the details and consult an expert to see if the plans will cover the mishaps that could result from the sport you are going to attempt. There are many insurance options, however, choosing a suitable one is always a challenge.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Virat Kohli broke Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara's record to become the fastest to score 20,000 international runs, a target he reached when he scored 37 runs in the World Cup 2019 match against the West Indies on Thursday.The Indian skipper took only 417 innings to achieve the record -- 131 in Tests, 224 in ODIs and 62 in T20Is. Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara's previous best came off 453 innings each. Virat Kohli has now registered 11,124 runs in ODIs, and has 6,613 Test runs and 2,263 in T20Is.
Kohli, arguably the finest batsman in world cricket at the moment, started his World Cup 2019 scoring a mere 18 runs against South Africa in India's inaugural match. He however then lived up to his billing and scored 82 against holders Australia before hitting 77 against arch-rivals Pakistan. The 30-year-old also contributed with 67 runs in India's narrow victory over Afghanistan.
Virat Kohli has already become the fastest to score 11,000 One-day International (ODI) runs during World Cup 2019, breaking Tendulkar's record in the process.
Kohli achieved the feat in the match against Pakistan at Old Trafford in Manchester.