Sharjah, July 18: Mohammad Aftab Alam, the father of a 15-year-old missing Indian boy in Sharjah, on Thursday offered a reward of 5,000 dirhams to anyone who finds his son.
Mohammed Pervez has been missing from his home in Sharjah's Muweilah area since July 4. It is believed that the boy got upset with his mother who stopped him from watching a show on YouTube and snatched his smartphone, Gulf News reported.
"I would just like to see him come home safe. We have been praying all day since he's disappeared," Alam told Gulf News.
"We will give 5,000 dirhams to anyone who produces any kind of information about my son. anything, I just want him back."
On Thursday, Alam travelled with Sharjah police authorities to Kalba, Fujairah, in search of his son. They were accompanied by child protection officials. The police said they will not intervene in any efforts made by the family to find their son.
"A three-member team of the child protection team took me to Kalba where my brother Mohammad Firoze Alam lives. We were hoping to find some clues there," Alam said.
Several leads have been chased since Pervez went missing but none has panned out so far, the report said.
As per reports, the Grade IX student got upset and went missing after his mother chided him for watching a historical Hindi drama on YouTube and snatched his smartphone.
The boy's father said Pervez had just 8 dirhams with him.
"How long can it possibly last? At first we thought he would come back in the afternoon but when he didn't show up until late evening we got worried and alerted the police.
Now, his desperate family has been holding onto hope and fervently praying for the boy's safe return.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru: A local court on Monday granted bail to seven Pro-Kannada activists who were arrested for attacking Jain building and taking down a Hindi banner in the city.
The bail application was heard by the court on Monday. The court then granted bail to the activists on surety of Rs. 50,000 and two persons.
The court also conditioned that the accused should not tamper with the evidences of the case and should co-operate with the investigation.
The accused told the court that their actions were only aimed for the betterment of Kannada and that's why they removed the Hindi banners to setup Kannada banners instead.
A complaint was filed against the activists for tearing banners with Hindi language in a Jain temple in Commercial Street Police Station limits on August 16, which was followed by arrest of six accused.
According to the regulations, at least 60% of the writing on signboards should be in Kannada, remaining 40% can be in English and other languages.