Bhatkal: An 18-year-old boy died of electrocution when he came in contact with a live wire while saving his younger brother on the terrace of his home At car street in front of Corporation Bank here this evening.

The deceased has been identified as Fahad Maniyar, son of Faruq Maniyar.

It has been reported that Fahad was playing with his younger brother Amzaf Maniyar on the terrace of their house. Accidentally, Amzaf fell from the terrace. When Fahad rushed to save him, he suddenly came into contact with a live wire and succumbed to the injuries.

Younger brother Amzaf has sustained serious injuries and is being treated at a Kundapur hospital.



Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mangaluru: In a bid to contain the spread of coronavirus in Dakshina Kannada, district administration and Department of Health has set up 13 ‘Fever Clinics’ across the district.

All the 13 Fever Clinics are now operational and public can get benefitted from them.

They are at Taluk hospitals in Bantwal, Belthangady, Puttur and Sullia; District Wenlock Hospital in Mangaluru and in eight medical colleges - A J College at Kuntikana, Fr Muller Medical College Hospital, KMC-Attavar, Yenepoya Medical College Hospital-Deralakatte, Srinivas Medical College Hospital-Mukka, KS Hegde Charitable Hospital-Deralakatte, KVG Medical College Hospital-Sullia and Kanachur Medical College Hospital at Natekal.