Mangaluru: In a horrific road accident a huge tree fell on a school bus of a private school on Wednesday morning when it was carrying 17 students to the school. The incident was reported near Nanthoor Circle in Mangaluru.
Mangaluru Police Commissioner Harsha added that all the 17 students present on the bus were safe and nobody sustained any major injury.
Taking to twitter to update about the incident Harsha added that DCP and other top police officials have reached the spot and that he himself spoke to the principal of the school who assured him that all the students were safe.
A tree came down on a school bus near nanturu circle.. 17 children were travelling..DCP and other police officials are at the spot.. spoke to principal of concerned school ,she informed all 17 children are safe.. no major injuries pic.twitter.com/W6K7LuJ0c5— Harsha IPS CP Mangaluru City (@compolmlr) August 14, 2019
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru: A local court on Monday granted bail to seven Pro-Kannada activists who were arrested for attacking Jain building and taking down a Hindi banner in the city.
The bail application was heard by the court on Monday. The court then granted bail to the activists on surety of Rs. 50,000 and two persons.
The court also conditioned that the accused should not tamper with the evidences of the case and should co-operate with the investigation.
The accused told the court that their actions were only aimed for the betterment of Kannada and that's why they removed the Hindi banners to setup Kannada banners instead.
A complaint was filed against the activists for tearing banners with Hindi language in a Jain temple in Commercial Street Police Station limits on August 16, which was followed by arrest of six accused.
According to the regulations, at least 60% of the writing on signboards should be in Kannada, remaining 40% can be in English and other languages.