Bengaluru, Sep 2 : Global software major Wipro on Sunday said it had won a $1.5 billion (10,500 crore) 10-year deal from the US-based technology firm, Alight Solutions LLC.
"We have won a 10-year engagement to provide a suite of solutions and services to the Illinois-based Alight Solutions, a leader in technology-enabled health, wealth, human resources and finance solutions," said the city-based IT major in a statement here.
Claiming the deal to be its largest win so far, the company said it would generate $1.5-1.6-billion revenues over the tenure.
"We were chosen by Alight as its long-term strategic partner in its enterprise transformation journey to bring digital experiences and offerings to employees and employers globally," said Wipro Chief Executive Abidali Z. Neemuchwala in the statement on the occasion.
The deal will enable the digital transformation of Alight's offerings across health, wealth, HR and finance solutions and enhance the employee experience of its clients by leveraging Wipro's industry-leading strengths in digital technologies, cognitive automation and data analytics.
"Our industry-leading partnership with Wipro will enhance our client experience by drawing on its leading position in automation and innovation, while allowing us to invest in health, wealth and cloud-based solutions to meet the needs of our clients," said Alight Chief Executive Chris Michalak.
The deal is also a testimony to the capabilities Wipro built through its strategic investments in digital, cloud platforms and cognitive platform.
"We will leverage this expertise to digitalise and modernise Alight's core across platforms, technologies and operations," added the company.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
KOCHI, Apr 3 (PTI): A local body near here has slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 against noted playback singer M G Sreekumar for allegedly dumping waste into the Kochi backwaters.
The Mulavukad Grama Panchayat issued a notice directing the singer to pay the fine within 15 days, the authorities said on Thursday.
The notice was issued after a tourist captured a video on their mobile phone showing a garbage bag being thrown into the Kochi backwaters from the singer's house located in Mulavukad panchayat area, panchayat sources said.
According to the sources, a few days ago, this video was posted on social media, tagging Local Self Government Minister M B Rajesh.
In response, the minister stated that complaints regarding public littering, supported by evidence, could be submitted to the government’s WhatsApp number (94467 00800) for action.
After receiving the complaint, the local body’s control room directed the panchayat authorities to inspect the site the same day and confirm the incident, panchayat sources added.
Subsequently, a notice directing to pay a fine of Rs 25,000 was issued under the relevant sections of the Panchayat Raj Act, the sources said.
"After considering the response from the singer, the panchayat will initiate further action if required," said a top panchayat functionary.
However, the singer has not responded to the issue so far.