New Delhi, Dec 12: Actor Nora Fatehi on Monday filed a criminal complaint against Jacqueline Fernandez before a Delhi court for allegedly defaming her by "unfairly dragging" her name into a Rs 200 crore money laundering case involving 'conman' Sukesh Chandrashekar, her lawyer said.
Fatehi, a Canadian citizen, also arrayed 15 media organisations as accused in her complaint, which is likely to come up for hearing on December 19, advocate Vikram Chauhan said.
"The complainant has a pristine reputation apart from a rapidly progressing career which has quite obviously threatened her rivals who are unable to compete with her on fair footing," the complaint said.
The defamatory statement was made by Fernandez in "bad faith" and with "mala fide intention" and was circulated by the media houses made accused in the complaint with an intent to defame her, the counsel said.
The complaint claimed the allegations made by Fernandez, also a Bollywood actor, that Fatehi had received gifts from Chandrashekhar were wrong.
"The only time the complainant spoke to Chandrashekhar was when his wife, Leena Maria Paul, made her speak to him over speakerphone at the event in Chennai where the complainant was invited by Leena. At the event, the complainant was gifted an iPhone and a Gucci bag by Leena. No gifts were ever received by the complainant from Chandrashekhar," Fatehi has said in the complaint.
Fatehi also denied she had received a luxury car from Chandrashekhar and said it was part payment to her brother-in-law Bobby Khan, who Chandrashekhar had approached for directing a movie.
"Since the complainant had never even spoken to Chandrashekhar let alone having met him, hence the imputation made by the Fernandez and the subsequent publishing of the same by the accused media houses are untrue," the complaint said.
Earlier today, a court here adjourned for December 20 the hearing against Fernandez and Chandrashekhar in the money laundering case.
Fernandez appeared before the court during the brief hearing.
The court had on November 15 granted regular bail to Fernandez, who has never been arrested in the case.
The court had on August 31 taken cognisance of a supplementary charge sheet filed by the Enforcement Directorate and asked Fernandez to appear before it.
Fernandez, who was summoned by the ED several times in connection with the investigation, has been named as an accused in the supplementary charge sheet.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai: A video featuring Rohit Sharma in conversation with former Mumbai Indians coach Zaheer Khan has gone viral, stirring controversy ahead of Mumbai Indians' IPL 2025 match against Lucknow Super Giants. The footage, shared by Mumbai Indians on social media, shows Rohit saying, “Jo jab karna tha maine kiya barabar se, ab mereko kuch karne ki zarurat nahi hai” (Whatever had to be done, I did it properly, now I don't need to do anything).
The clip quickly drew comparisons to a similar controversy in IPL 2024 when Rohit was seen speaking with Kolkata Knight Riders' assistant coach Abhishek Nayar, allegedly discussing internal matters of Mumbai Indians. That video was later taken down by KKR’s social media team.
🚨Selfish Greedy Rohit Sharma got exposed again. Last year he was talking with Abhishek Nair now with EX MI Bowling coach Zaheer Khan.
— Vikass (@183_ViratKohli) April 3, 2025
“Mujhe jo karna tha maine tab barabar se kiya, ab mereko koi jarurat nhi” (probably about his batting for MI)
MI deleted this video 👇👇 https://t.co/4eGkuqLj5r pic.twitter.com/169Nm287kW
Adding to the intrigue, Rishabh Pant was seen approaching Rohit and sharing a hug during the conversation. Fans have speculated on the significance of the remarks, with debates intensifying online.
As Mumbai Indians prepare to face Lucknow Super Giants at Ekana Stadium, Rohit’s on-field form remains a concern. The veteran batsman has managed only 21 runs in three innings so far this season. However, the team gained momentum with a win against Kolkata Knight Riders, fueled by strong performances from Suryakumar Yadav and Ryan Rickelton.
Lucknow Super Giants, boasting a 5-1 head-to-head record against MI, will rely on Nicholas Pooran and Mitchell Marsh to maintain their dominance. Meanwhile, Rishabh Pant, struggling for runs, will be under scrutiny as both teams aim for a crucial victory.