Bengaluru: Actor Arjun Sarja father-in-law and senior actor Rajesh alleged that by supporting Shruthi Hariharan, actor Chethan has been taking revenge against Arjun Sarja for not giving him a role in Prema Baraha film.

Speaking to media after lodging a complaint to the Film Chamber against Shruthi Hariharan here on Monday, Rajesh said that when Arjun Sarja directed the movie Prema Baraha, Chethan was selected for the hero role. But in the last moment, the actors were changed and selected another actor. But Chethan was taking revenge against that development, he said.

“There is nothing called purity or impurity in film industry. Allegation is made against my son-in-law. So, I have lodged a complaint in the Film Chamber. I am committed to the decision to be taken by the Chamber. I have seen Arjun since many years. He has worked with senior actors. So far, he has not faced a single complaint of such kind. But now, they have raked up a ten-year-old issue”, he said.

They do not know how to speak Kannada properly. They have been making allegation against Arjun Sarja. He would file defamation case against Shruthi Hariharan, he said.

Arjun Sarja close associate Prashanth Sambaragi said that they have been making a conspiracy against Arjun just because Chethan was dropped from the movie. When he was selected, he was given Rs 10 lakh advance. But when he was dropped from the movie, he has not given the advance back. Instead, they have made false allegations against Arjuna Sarja, he said.

Instead of demanding investigation into the Shruthi Hariharan’s allegations against Arjun Sarja, actor Prakash Raj also backed her and gave a verdict of demanding apology. It was neither a social commitment nor a pro-women commitment. There was a hidden agenda before such statements, he said.

‘I’m not misusing ‘Me Too’ campaign’

Responding to this, actor Chethan said that “I am not misusing the ‘Me Too’ campaign against Arjun Sarja. I don’t have any personal enmity with him. I have not taken Rs 10 lakh advance from Arjun Sarja for Prema Baraha movie. I got Rs 9 lakh as advance. But Arjun Sarja had told me that they could work together in future. So, I have not returned the amount he has given me”, he clarified.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru: Leader of Opposition in the Assembly R. Ashoka has accused the Congress government of using the hijab issue to placate what he described as discontent among minority voters after the Davanagere by-election.

In a post on X on Wednesday, Ashoka alleged that the state government, instead of addressing issues such as price rise, corruption, farmers’ distress and law and order, was attempting to retain its minority vote base by reviving the hijab issue.

Referring to the 2022 dress code introduced by the BJP government, which prohibited hijab in schools and colleges, Ashoka said the Karnataka High Court had upheld the policy and emphasised the importance of discipline in educational institutions.

He questioned the Congress government’s move to revisit the issue and asked whether setting aside the court-backed policy to benefit one community could be described as secularism.

Ashoka further alleged that while the government was willing to permit hijab, it continued to prohibit saffron shawls.

He accused the government of dividing students on religious lines rather than treating schools and colleges as spaces of equality.

Drawing a comparison with Mamata Banerjee’s government in West Bengal, Ashoka claimed that excessive appeasement politics had harmed the state and warned that the Congress in Karnataka could face a similar political response.

He said voters in Karnataka would teach the Congress a lesson for what he termed “vote-bank politics” and for compromising constitutional and judicial principles.