Dubai, Jan 23: The UAE government has ordered to stop all flying operations of private drones and light sports aircraft in the Gulf country for a month, days after two Indians and a Pakistani national were killed in Abu Dhabi in a rare drone and missile attack claimed by Yemen's Houthi rebels.

In a statement, the Ministry of Interior ordered to stop all flying operations of drones and light sports aircraft for owners, practitioners and enthusiasts from January 22.

According to the statement, the ban also encompasses air and sail spots.

"The decision came after the misuse spotted recently, not limiting the practice of these sports to the areas identified in the user permits and trespassing into areas where these types of activities are prohibited, said the statement released by the UAE's official news agency Wam.

The regulations were put in place in coordination with the General Authority for Civil Aviation and in line with the relative guidelines, it said.

It said that exceptions might be granted for filming. The entities that have work contracts or commercial or advertising projects that rely on filming using drones must communicate with the permit authorities to take the necessary exceptions and permits to carry out their work and projects, it said.

The ministry reminded users that anyone performing these activities during that period and disregarding guidelines will be subject to legal liabilities.

Last week, Yemen's Houthi rebels targeted a fuel depot in Abu Dhabi and the city's main airport, heightening tensions in the oil-exporting region.

The UAE blamed the attack on Yemen's Houthi rebels, saying this sinful targeting will not go unpunished.

The UAE "reserves its right to retaliate to these terrorist attacks and this sinful criminal escalation", said a statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.

The Houthi rebels have taken responsibility for several drone attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities in the past. The UAE is part of the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen fighting Houthis.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi(PTI): The Supreme Court on Wednesday granted bail to Indrani Mukerjea, the prime accused in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora.

A three-judge bench headed by Justice L Nageswara Rao said the trial is not going to be completed anytime soon.

"The allegation made against the petitioner is that she planned the murder in view of the live in relationship of her daughter with Rahul Mukerjea, who was the son of Peter Mukerjea and his earlier wife," the bench said.

"We are not making comments on the merits of the case. Even if 50 per cent witnesses are given by prosecution, the trial would not be over soon. She will be released on bail subject to satisfaction of the trial court. The same conditions imposed on Peter Mukerjea will also be imposed on her," the bench also comprising Justices B R Gavai and A S Bopanna said.

Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi appeared for Indrani Mukerjea, who is currently lodged at the Byculla women's prison in Mumbai following her arrest in August 2015.

Rohatgi submitted that the trial is not going to complete anytime soon as a large number of witnesses are yet to be examined. She had been denied bail on multiple occasions by a special CBI court, which is conducting the trial in the murder case.

Bora (24) was allegedly strangled to death in a car by Indrani Mukerjea, her then driver Shyamvar Rai and former husband Sanjeev Khanna in April 2012. The body was burnt in a forest in neighbouring Raigad district.

Bora was Indrani's daughter from her previous relationship.

Former media baron Peter Mukerjea was also arrested for allegedly being part of the conspiracy. He was granted bail by the high court in February 2020.His marriage to Indrani Mukerjea ended during the period of incarceration.