It has been twelve years since 68 people died in Samjhauta express blast. National Investigation Agency has carried out a long inquiry and acquitted the main accused Swami Aseemanand. What does this mean? How did the 68 people die? Who has to answer this question?

Everybody knows Swami Aseemanand and three other accused have Sangh Parivar background. Aseemananda had even given a confession statement on this case. Now he has been acquitted. Prosecution has failed to prove the charges levelled against him, the court said. About 8 people were accused in this case and one among them was killed. Three have disappeared. Another four people have been acquitted. But the investigating agency has no answer as to who I responsible for the death of 68 people.

Most of the people who died in this are Pakistan citizens. Communal elements had been opposing this train that connected two countries and hence planted a bomb in this locomotive that stood as a symbol of peace, and love. The communal elements wouldn’t ever tolerate two countries existing in peace with each other. It’s very evident that communal elements in both countries are behind this massacre.   

Swami Aseemananda, an RSS activist is not an ordinary man. He was accused in Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad and Ajmer Dargah blast cases too. He has been acquitted in those as well. Prosecution has said long ago that Aseemanand was the Hindutva extremist mastermind who avenged the 2002 Akshar Dham temple attack. Swami Aseemanand himself had given a long statement about saffron terror and retracted his words later. Haryana police had investigated the case and then it was handed over to NIA.   

But after Modi assumed the PM’s chair in 2014, there have been criticisms about NIA’s handling of the case under NDA rule. Some people turned hostile and the prosecution failed to defend charges. The failure of prosecution is very evident in Samjhauta express case that was bound to derail the talks of peace between India and Pakistan.  Looks like prosecution came under the influence of central government or political pressure. Whatever be the case, a transparent inquiry needs to be carried into the bomb explosion case that killed 68 persons and those responsible for this evil incident have to be brought to book. Else people will begin to doubt the diligence of investigating agencies.

Rational thinkers such as Narendra Dabholkar, Govind Pansare and Dr M M Kalburgi cases have also not seen great progress in bringing the culprits to the book. Investigating agencies have been given earful in case of Pansare murder by Mumbai High Court. Since the then CM Siddaramaiah handed over the investigation of Gauri Lankesh’s murder to SIT, things have progressed well.     Everywhere BJP is in power, there are charges that the party even protects those people who spread unrest in the name of religion.

More than 2000 people died in Gujarat massacre and the investigation of this incident is far from satisfactory. Even now a lot of accused are walking around scot-free. People lose faith on law and order when such things happen. Criminal, fascists and such elements have entered all levels of administration. They pose a challenge to constitutional duties. Hence all citizens need to chase them out of constitutional institutions.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mathura(UP), Apr 5 (PTI): A retired Army colonel from Haryana has filed a police complaint here, alleging that he was held hostage, assaulted, looted and forced to participate in an "obscene video" at gunpoint with a woman he met through a matrimonial website, police said on Saturday.

The woman from Mathura, who was allegedly in on the plan to rob him, was working with other accomplices, the ex-armyman said in his complaint filed on Thursday.

According to Barsana Station House Officer (SHO) Raj Kamal Singh, Colonel Rajneesh Soni (retired), a resident of Gurugram, reported that he was contacted by a woman from Barsana on a matrimonial website in January. The woman allegedly agreed to marry him, and they began communicating.

The woman allegedly persuaded the colonel to visit Barsana on January 25, requesting that he visit the Radharani temple. When he arrived, she arranged for his stay at a guest house and took him on a tour of the area, including a visit to the temple, the complainant said.

After returning to the guest house, the woman and her accomplices allegedly told the colonel that her brother had been involved in an accident and they needed to leave immediately. They then led him to a waiting car.

"Once outside the town limits, the colonel alleges that he was attacked by the occupants of the car. They seized his phone, physically assaulted him, and forced him to contact relatives and friends to transfer money," the SHO said.

"He was then taken back to the guest house, where he was allegedly forced to participate in obscene videos and photographs at gunpoint. He was threatened that the videos would be made public if he reported the incident," the officer said.

The colonel has alleged that his purse, bag, gold chain, debit card and Rs. 12,000 in cash were stolen from the guest house.

After an unsuccessful attempt at locating the perpetrators himself, the colonel finally reported the incident to the Barsana police two days ago, he said.

"A case has been registered under relevant sections of the BNS and all facts are being investigated. Further action will be taken as per facts found in the investigation," the SHO said.