Dehradun: Amidst ongoing communal tension in Purola, members of the minority Muslim community traders have reported receiving "intimidating calls," urging them to leave the town immediately as they have allegedly been "identified and targeted." The reports, as mentioned by the Times of India, highlight the concerns faced by Muslim shopkeepers in the area.

Earlier, the Muslim traders were threatened by pasting posters on their shop asking them to leave their business and town for their own good.

The tension in the Uttarkashi district escalated following the arrest of two men, Ubed Khan and Jitender Saini, who were accused of kidnapping a minor Hindu girl last month. This incident further heightened the already tense atmosphere in the region.

According to one affected shopkeeper interviewed by TOI, some of the calls were directly made by individuals associated with right-wing organizations, while others were placed by people known to them personally for a considerable period. The shopkeepers have been informed that reopening their shops may result in vandalism or arson. The affected individuals expressed their predicament, stating that they are uncertain about where to go if they are forced to leave the town, as they have been residing there for several decades.

As a result of the situation, more than 30 shops owned by Muslims remain closed since the incident. Some shopkeepers have already left the town, while others are contemplating the same course of action.

To ensure the maintenance of law and order in Purola, SP (Uttarkashi) Arpan Yaduvanshi confirmed the deployment of a PAC (Provincial Armed Constabulary) platoon by the police.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): India on Monday voiced deep concern over a drone attack targeting the Barakah nuclear facility in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as it marked a dangerous escalation in the West Asia conflict.

New Delhi's reaction came a day after a drone struck a generator near the Gulf nation's sole nuclear power plant, sparking a fire on the complex's perimeter.

No one has claimed responsibility for the attack. The UAE's Ministry of Defence said it is working to determine the source of the drone strike.

The incident triggered fears of a sharp escalation in tensions across West Asia.

"India is deeply concerned at the attack targeting the Barakah nuclear facility in the UAE," the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said.

"Such actions are unacceptable and represent a dangerous escalation. We urgently call for restraint and a return to dialogue and diplomacy," it said.