Rohtas (Bihar), Jun 8: An eleven-year-old boy who was pulled out nearly 20 hours after he was trapped between a pillar and a slab of a bridge here, died Thursday on way to a hospital.

The mentally challenged boy who managed to wedge himself in a part of the bridge built over the Son River, in Atimi village in Bihar's Rohtas district, was pulled out after the slab behind which he was trapped was cut up.

"The boy was brought to Sadar hospital where doctors declared him dead after examination," K N Tiwary, Civil Surgeon, Sadar Hospital (Sasaram) told reporters.

The boy, Ranjan Kumar, was found trapped at the Nasriganj-Daudnagar Bridge, on Wednesday.

Shatrughan Prasad, the boy's father had earlier informed local authorities that his son who was mentally unsound had gone missing two days ago. Later the child was discovered trapped by a woman.

Earlier in the day, Jaffar Imam, Block Development Officer (BDO) of Nasriganj, told reporters, "The incident took place yesterday when the boy somehow got trapped between the pillar and a slab of the Nasriganj-Daudnagar Bridge."

An expert team from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and state disaster response force were immediately called and they began the rescue operation. Oxygen was also supplied to the trapped boy through pipes.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Lakhimpur Kheri (UP) (PTI): Ten people were killed when a van collided head-on with a truck on the Sisaiya-Lakhimpur national highway on Monday, police said.

The van was going to Sisaiya from Lakhimpur when the accident took place between Unchgaon and Bharehta villages.

Circle Officer of Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh, said all nine passengers travelling in the van and the driver were killed.

District Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri Anjani Kumar Singh told reporters that the van collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction, leading to nine casualties on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries at the district hospital.

Circle Officer, Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh told PTI, "Efforts are on to establish the identity of other deceased persons."

The seven of the deceased have been identified as Jaideep Singh (25), Pawan (23), Sohan (21), Ram Goyal (42), Sahajram (35), Pappu (18), all residents of Bahraich district and Adnan Khan (15), a resident of Lakhimpur Kheri district, police said.

Condoling the loss of lives in the accident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a post on X, said, "The loss of life in the unfortunate road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply distressing and heart-wrenching. My condolences are with the bereaved families."

"I have directed the local administration to provide prompt and adequate assistance to the injured and the victims. I pray to Lord Shri Ram to grant the departed souls a place at His divine feet and to bestow a speedy recovery upon the injured," Adityanath said on X.

Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Pathak too condoled the loss of lives in the accident.

"The loss of lives resulting from the road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply tragic and heart-wrenching. My deepest condolences go out to the bereaved families," Maurya said.