Bhadohi (UP) (PTI): A man, released on bail in a case related to the kidnapping and rape of a minor girl last year, has allegedly kidnapped the same girl again, prompting a fresh police investigation, officials said on Thursday.
Police have launched a search operation to rescue the girl and arrest the man who is alleged to have carried out the latest kidnapping on Saturday with help from his parents and another relative.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Abhimanyu Manglik said Ashish Saroj (23) had allegedly kidnapped the 15-year-old girl on April 5, 2024 and held her captive for three months, during which he repeatedly raped her.
After she was found in July 2024, Saroj was arrested and jailed under sections of rape and kidnapping of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), along with relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
However, Saroj was released on bail by the Allahabad High Court this February of this year.
According to a complaint filed by the victim's mother at Bhadohi Kotwali Police Station on Wednesday, Saroj, kidnapped the girl again on March 22 with the help of his parents and a male relative.
"Based on the complaint from the family members, we have registered an FIR of kidnapping against Saroj, his parents, and a male relative. We have formed teams to recover the victim and efforts are underway to arrest Saroj," SP Manglik said on Thursday.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi, Apr 3 (PTI): Karnataka Chief Minister Siddarmaiah and Deputy CM D K Shivakumar met Union Jal Shakti Minister C R Patil on Thursday to seek approval for the Mekedatu and Upper Bhadra projects.
In the meeting, Siddarmaiah informed that Karnataka has the second largest dryland area in the country after Rajasthan. The irrigation projects taken up and being implemented in Karnataka have played a vital role in transforming agricultural landscape.
Siddarmaiah urged the Union minister to intervene in the matter and direct officials concerned to provide necessary clearances and approvals for the projects, according to the letter submitted to the Union minister.
The Mekedatu project, proposed near Kanakapura in Ramanagar district, aims to build 66 TMC (thousand million cubic feet) balancing reservoir. The project faces opposition from Tamil Nadu, a low riparian state, which claims it will obstruct the natural flow of Cauvery River water.
The Upper Bhadra project is designed to support irrigation in drought-prone regions of central Karnataka, covering districts like Chikkamagaluru, Chitradurga, Tumakuru and Davangere. The project's progress is hindered by the lack of funding and the delay in declaring it a 'national project'.
Both projects face significant challenges, including funding issues and inter-state disputes.
Union Minister of State for Jal Shakti V Somanna and other senior officials were also present in the meeting.