New Delhi: In response to the Supreme Court's scrutiny over the size of its previous public apology, Patanjali Ayurved has issued a second, more prominent apology, signed by Yoga guru Ramdev and Patanjali’s managing director Acharya Balkrishna and acknowledging the ongoing legal matter before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.

The apology expresses regret for any non-compliance or disobedience of the court's directives and extends apologies for holding a meeting/press conference on November 22, 2023. It also acknowledges mistakes made in publishing advertisements and expresses commitments to not to repeat such errors. Furthermore, the apology reads that Patanjali is commited to abiding by the court's instructions with utmost sincerity and upholding the majesty of the law.

On Tuesday, the court had directed senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for Patanjali, to “cut out the ads and then supply it to us” without enlarging. “We want to see the actual size. This is our direction… we want to see that when you issue an advertisement, it does not mean we have to see it with a microscope,” the court said.

Patanjali had previously assured the court of refraining from making any misleading statements or advertisements against allopathy. However, subsequent actions, including a press conference by Ramdev and an advertisement issued by the company, led to a contempt notice being issued to Ramdev and Balkrishna for violating their undertaking.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Lakhimpur Kheri (UP) (PTI): Ten people were killed when a van collided head-on with a truck on the Sisaiya-Lakhimpur national highway on Monday, police said.

The van was going to Sisaiya from Lakhimpur when the accident took place between Unchgaon and Bharehta villages.

Circle Officer of Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh, said all nine passengers travelling in the van and the driver were killed.

District Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri Anjani Kumar Singh told reporters that the van collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction, leading to nine casualties on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries at the district hospital.

Circle Officer, Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh told PTI, "Efforts are on to establish the identity of other deceased persons."

The seven of the deceased have been identified as Jaideep Singh (25), Pawan (23), Sohan (21), Ram Goyal (42), Sahajram (35), Pappu (18), all residents of Bahraich district and Adnan Khan (15), a resident of Lakhimpur Kheri district, police said.

Condoling the loss of lives in the accident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a post on X, said, "The loss of life in the unfortunate road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply distressing and heart-wrenching. My condolences are with the bereaved families."

"I have directed the local administration to provide prompt and adequate assistance to the injured and the victims. I pray to Lord Shri Ram to grant the departed souls a place at His divine feet and to bestow a speedy recovery upon the injured," Adityanath said on X.

Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Pathak too condoled the loss of lives in the accident.

"The loss of lives resulting from the road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply tragic and heart-wrenching. My deepest condolences go out to the bereaved families," Maurya said.