Jodhpur:In what is being termed as a major security breach, incendiary videos featuring Shambhulal Regar, a Rajasthan man jailed after a horrific hate crime, have been recorded inside the Jodhpur Central Jail and circulated.

Regar, 36, has been in jail since December for hacking a Muslim labourer to death in Rajsamand and burning his body, all on camera. Extremely disturbing video clips filmed by his 15-year-old nephew were widely circulated before the police arrested him.

The two new videos in circulation have Regar repeat his rant against "jihadis" inside what appears to be his jail cell. Wearing a hoodie, he speaks into a cellphone and reads out from a long, hate-filled statement asking Hindus to unite against Jihadis. In one of the videos, he alleges a threat to his life.

He expresses no regrets for his crime. "I couldn't bear threats to Hindu women. I have ruined my life and I don't regret it. But I am sad about the fact that the law and the media showed illicit relationship with her and me," he says. Media reports, including by NDTV, exposed how a failed relationship with a minor could have triggered Regar's chilling crime.

The police have filed a First Information Report (FIR) and jail officials are sifting through the barracks to track down the mobile phone.  So far, say the police, no phone or any device has been found.

Regar has told the police it wasn't his phone. He has not revealed whose it is either. Sources say only 2G jammers work at the jail complex, which also houses rape-accused spiritual leader Asaram Bapu.

Calling one of the videos his "last", Regar says even though he has been kept in one of the jail's safest cells, he fears a convict from West Bengal is planning to kill him.

 

 

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi, Apr 3 (PTI): The Delhi government is likely to conduct a trial for artificial rain in May as part of its efforts to tackle air pollution, Environment Minister Manjinder Singh Sirsa said on Thursday.

The trial will be carried out in an area in outer Delhi, with the final site selection to be made by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and IIT Kanpur, he said.

Sirsa said the plan is part of a broader strategy to tackle pollution using multiple methods.

“This is a war against pollution and we are working on various measures, with artificial rain being one of them. Before implementing it on a large scale, we will try to conduct a trial in May when summer is at its peak,” he added.

He further said, “We have asked for detailed reports to determine whether the chemicals used in cloud seeding could have any harmful effects on human health or the environment."

Based on the findings, we will conduct a small-scale test and analyze water samples. If the trial is successful, we will expand the project across Delhi during periods of severe pollution, the environment minister said.