Kadaba: A 17-year-old boy died of a gunshot wound following a violent altercation with his father at Pade in Ramakunja village, under the limits of the Kadaba police station, on Saturday evening.
The deceased has been identified as Moksha. His father, Vasanth Ameen (60), sustained serious stab injuries during the incident and is currently undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Mangaluru. Police are investigating the circumstances that led to the confrontation between the father and son.
According to preliminary information, Ameen, a native of Nuliyalu in Nidballi village of Puttur taluk, was married to Jayashree of Perla. The couple later purchased property in Pade and shifted there. However, marital discord reportedly arose over property-related issues, following which Jayashree moved to her parental home about a month ago. Since then, Ameen and his son Moksha had been living together at the Pade house.
On Saturday evening, an argument allegedly broke out between the father and son, which escalated into a physical fight. Moksha was later found dead with a gunshot injury to his face.
Jayashree filed a complaint with the police accusing her husband of having shot their son dead. However, preliminary investigation by Kadaba police has reportedly indicated a different sequence of events. Police sources said that during the altercation, Moksha allegedly stabbed his father in the stomach with a knife and subsequently shot himself using a firearm.
An FIR has been registered at the Kadaba police station, and further investigation is underway to establish the exact sequence of events and circumstances surrounding the incident.
Additional Superintendent of Police Anil Kumar Bhooma Reddy, Belthangady Deputy Superintendent of Police Rohini, Uppinangady Circle Inspector Nagaraj, Kadaba Sub-Inspector Jamburaj Mahajan, and crime scene investigators Arpita and Kavya visited the spot and conducted an inspection as part of the investigation.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): French President Emmanuel Macron, along with First Lady Brigitte Macron, left Mumbai for New Delhi on Wednesday after concluding his engagements here, including bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
They were seen off at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport by Maharashtra Governor Acharya Devvrat, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Deputy CM Eknath Shinde.
On Tuesday, Macron held discussions with Modi as part of efforts to further strengthen India-France strategic ties.
During the Mumbai visit, the French president and his wife also met some of India's top filmmakers and actors, and had an animated exchange with them about cinema, culture and collaboration.
President Macron is on an official visit to India from February 17 to 19 at the invitation of PM Modi to participate in the AI Impact Summit hosted by India in the national capital Delhi, besides the bilateral summit in Mumbai.
PM Modi will inaugurate the summit on February 19. As many as 20 heads of states, including French President Macron, will be present at the inaugural session, Electronics and IT Secretary S Krishnan said.
