Belthangady: A case has been registered against Vasanth Giliyar of the Punya Kshetra Samrakshana Samiti for allegedly making a speech to provoke hatred among communities and sharing it on YouTube.
A case has been booked at the Belthangady Police Station under BNS Sections 196(1)(a) and 353(2) based on a complaint filed by social activist Shekhar Layila.
Layila in his complaint has accused Giliyar of saying during his address at the ‘Dharma Samrakshana Samavesha’ in Bengaluru that the ‘tulsi’ saplings in the houses of Hindus of Belthangady had been replaced by crosses thanks to the influence of missionaries. The Rural Development Programme, however, ensured that the ‘tulsi’ estrades were rebuilt in front of the houses of Hindu.
The complainant added that the statement is likely to spread misunderstanding among people of various religions and also give rise to communal clashes.
In early August, a case had been booked against Giliyar, based on a complaint by Layila, for a similar provocative post on Facebook.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Karachi (PTI): At least 16 people, including many children, were killed and 14 others injured when a suspected gas leakage led to an explosion in a residential building in Pakistan's Karachi on Thursday morning.
“The explosion took place around 4:30 am on the first floor of the building located in the Old Soldier Bazar area when everyone was awake for Sehri time,” police official Jamshed Asher said.
The first day of Ramzan is being observed in Pakistan today.
The police official said that the reason for the explosion apparently was a gas leakage.
ALSO READ: IIT-Madras to establish applied AI innovation centre in Dubai
Due to gas shortage in Pakistan’s biggest city, many families especially in lower income residential areas use liquid petroleum gas cylinders at their homes.
Police surgeon Dr Samaiya Syed confirmed that they have received 14 bodies so far from the blast site while 14 injured are under treatment.
The explosion caused a part of the building structure to collapse due to its dilapidated condition.
“We are still searching through the rubble and debris to see if there are any more bodies or survivors,” Chief Fire Officer Humayun Khan said.
The deceased include at least nine children aged between two and 17 while the injured also include seven children.
This is the second major tragedy to occur in Karachi. Last month, a fire broke out in the basement of the Gul Shopping Plaza, a wholesale and retail market, in the Saddar area killing at least 79 people and leaving scores injured.
