Ganjimath: Mangaluru City Police Commissioner Sudheer Kumar Reddy on Wednesday issued a clarification regarding allegations that Sangh Parivar activists assaulted a father and his minor daughter at Malali–Narlapadavu.
According to the police, at around 10 am, a Mullarpattna resident, Abdul Sattar, was travelling on a two-wheeler with his 11-year-old daughter while allegedly carrying about 19 kg of beef without any valid documents. During this time, an incident was reported on the Malali–Narlapadavu road, where a group intercepted them.
The Commissioner said that two persons, Sumith Bhandari (21) and Rajath Naik (30), both residents of Yedapadavu, allegedly stopped Sattar’s bike after arriving in a Tata Sumo vehicle. During the incident, the bike reportedly lost balance and fell, causing the girl to suffer burn injuries on her leg after coming into contact with the silencer of the bike.
ALSO READ: Probe ordered into Giant wheel accident in Mangaluru
Following the incident, Sattar is said to have left the two-wheeler at the spot and fled. Local residents immediately shifted the injured girl to hospital for treatment, the Commissioner said.
Police later summoned Sumith Bhandari and Rajath Naik to the station for questioning and interrogated them separately. During questioning, Rajath Naik initially claimed that he was a medical representative on his way to deliver medicines to Maharshi Hospital. However, upon verification, doctors at the hospital confirmed that no medicines had been delivered, the Commissioner stated.
During further questioning, both men claimed they were heading to a temple, but when questioned separately, they were unable to specify which temple they were going to, police said.
In her statement, the injured girl reportedly told the police that her father was stopped and assaulted with hands.
Police have decided to register a suo motu case against Abdul Sattar for transporting beef without valid documents. An FIR is also being registered against Sumith Bhandari and Rajath Naik on charges of moral policing. Further investigation into the incident is underway, the Police Commissioner said.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Ramzan fasts will begin on Thursday in India as the crescent moon marking the start of the fasting month was sighted in various parts of the country on Wednesday.
After the sighting of the moon, the holy month begins and for the next 30 days, Muslims fast from dawn to dusk.
Shahi Imam of Chandni Chowk's Fatehpuri mosque Maulana Mufti Mukarram Ahmed announced that the crescent moon was sighted and the month of fasting will start from February 19.
Naib Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Shaban Bukhari also declared that the moon was sighted.
During this month, a special prayer called Taraweeh are offered in mosques in the evening. In this prayer, the entire Quran is recited and it continues till the sighting of the Eid moon.
Mufti Mukarram has appealed to the Muslim community to "pray as much as possible for the well-being of the 140 crore people of the country".
