Belthangady: In connection with the Dharmasthala case that has attracted nationwide attention, a vakalatnama has been filed on behalf of Shri Kshetra Dharmasthala before the Belthangady court.

Senior advocate C. V. Nagesh from Bengaluru and advocate Mahesh Kaje from Puttur have filed the vakalatnama in relation to Case No. 39/2025 registered at the Dharmasthala Police Station. On December 31, the advocates appeared before the Belthangady court and presented arguments on behalf of Shri Kshetra Dharmasthala. After hearing the submissions, the court adjourned the matter to January 3.

An SIT is currently investigating the case and has submitted a report to the Belthangady court. In its report, the SIT has alleged that a conspiracy was hatched against Dharmasthala and has named six individuals in this regard. However, no action has so far been taken against the accused. The SIT’s application seeking permission to proceed against them is still pending before the court.

This marks the first time that Shri Kshetra Dharmasthala has directly joined the proceedings and presented arguments in the case.

Speaking to the media after the hearing, advocate Mahesh Kaje stated that the vakalatnama was filed on behalf of Dharmasthala in the capacity of a victim. He said the temple has been repeatedly referred to in the case and, as an affected party, should be given an opportunity to participate directly in the proceedings. Accordingly, an application has been filed seeking permission to present arguments on behalf of Dharmasthala.

The court has fixed January 3 as the next date of hearing. Supporting documents have been submitted, and no objections have been raised so far. It was also stated that allegations had earlier been made against Dharmasthala in a public interest litigation filed before the Supreme Court, in which the institution was explicitly named.

In light of this, Shri Kshetra Dharmasthala has sought permission to participate in the case as a victim and present its submissions. Further legal steps will be taken based on the court’s subsequent orders.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru: The Holy month of Ramadan will start from Thursday, February 19, announced convener of the State Moon Sighting Committee Maulana Maqsood Imran Rashadi on Wednesday.

Speaking at a press conference after the Moon Sighting Committee meeting held at the State Waqf Board office on Cunningham Road in the city on Wednesday evening, he said that there is no information about moon sighting anywhere in the capital Bengaluru, including other districts.

“However, after receiving reports of moon sightings in neighbouring states including Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Rajasthan and Delhi, it has been decided to start fasting from Thursday,” he said.

The meeting was attended by Maulana Mufti Iftikhar Ahmed Qasmi, Maulana Ejaz Ahmed Nadvi and other members of the ulema.