Mangaluru: In back-to-back press releases issued on July 29 and July 30 by Advocate Manjunath N, Sujatha Bhat has expressed her gratitude to the Special Investigation Team (SIT) for its dedicated efforts in the ongoing exhumation process related to the Dharmasthala case.
According to the first press statement issued on July 29, Sujatha Bhat thanked the SIT for its meticulous work during the exhumation at Site No. 1, which was carried out earlier that day. The statement mentions that a total of 14 sites were identified on July 28, and the operation at Site No. 1 marked the first official step in the process. It also noted that although the exhumation did not yield any positive results, Sujatha Bhat remains undeterred. She conveyed her full confidence in the SIT, appreciating the seriousness with which the investigation is being conducted, particularly the involvement of senior officials including the Assistant Commissioner.
The statement further mentioned that earthwork had reportedly taken place at Site No. 1 around five years ago.
In the second press release issued on July 30, Sujatha Bhat’s legal counsel shared further insights reportedly based on information from reliable sources. According to this information, the complainant-witness had provided specific details about the number of bodies believed to be buried at each of the marked sites. The data shared through the press note are as follows:
Site No. 1: 2 bodies
Site No. 2: 2 bodies
Site No. 3: 2 bodies
Sites No. 4 and 5: 6 bodies
Sites No. 6, 7, and 8: 8 bodies
Site No. 9: 6 to 7 bodies
Site No. 10: 3 bodies
Site No. 11: 9 bodies
Site No. 12: 4 to 5 bodies
Site No. 13: The highest number among the currently marked sites
The press note also claimed that a separate site, not among the 13 marked locations, is said to contain an even higher number of bodies as per the complainant-witness. This site is reportedly located further away and is expected to be taken up after the current round of exhumations concludes.
Sujatha Bhat reiterated through the press statement that for her, this process is not just a legal investigation but a personal and emotional journey in search of truth and closure, not only for her daughter but also for many other missing individuals. She was quoted in the release saying, “I will watch out for each and every exhumation. My heart aches for answers, and I have full faith that the SIT’s painstaking work will unearth the truth, no matter how long it takes or how deep they must dig.”
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru (PTI): A complaint has been lodged against a city-based dermatologist for allegedly spreading misinformation about Nandini milk products on social media and misleading the public, police said on Thursday.
The complaint was lodged by Padmavathi R, an officer of the Karnataka Milk Federation (KMF), which owns the popular Nandini brand, seeking legal action against Dr Sharanya Padma.
In her complaint, Padmavathi stated that Padma had uploaded reels on February 8 claiming that "Nandini products such as cream bun, strawberry-flavoured milk and other beverages are toxic and contain chemicals, and consuming them daily could lead to autoimmune diseases and serious health issues. Long-term consumption will definitely result in cancer in the future."
According to the complaint, the doctor also alleged that strawberry-flavoured milk "does not contain natural strawberries but is prepared by adding artificial colours and preservatives," and questioned how the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) had granted permission for the manufacture of such products.
She further claimed in the reel that consuming these products would damage health and that KMF, being a government company, was producing and marketing them for profit.
The complaint quoted her as stating that "these products are not real food but poisonous in nature and KMF should not release such products into the market."
Padmavathi stated that baseless allegations about certain Nandini brand products were being made on social media and that such "false propaganda" had created unnecessary confusion among crores of consumers who had grown up with the brand since childhood.
In a press release issued on February 18, KMF clarified that it strictly adheres to all food safety standards and approved procedures prescribed by statutory authorities and FSSAI. It assured that all Nandini milk and milk products are completely safe for consumption and that consumers need not panic.
The Federation also "strongly condemned such baseless, misleading and brand-defaming statements" and said it was committed to taking legal action against those involved in such malicious acts.
Based on the complaint, police are examining the matter and further action is likely in accordance with law.
There was no immediate reaction from Dr Padma.
