Mangaluru: A third individual, who has chosen to remain anonymous, has reportedly written to the Special Investigation Team (SIT), requesting to be included in the operation to exhume human remains allegedly buried secretly in Dharmasthala village. The complainant claims to have personally witnessed the locations where the first complainant was said to have buried the bodies.
Addressing the letter to SIT chief Pronab Mohanty, the third complainant mentioned that he is writing on behalf of the residents of Dharmasthala and surrounding villages. “As a villager, I have identified the person, the first complainant seen in broadcast media reports. I have seen him secretly transporting and burying bodies at multiple locations in Dharmasthala village, away from public view. Even though such burials were done in secrecy, you must be aware that nothing remains hidden in the villages,” the complainant wrote.
He requested to be independently involved in the operation to exhume the remains from the locations indicated by the first complainant. He further appealed to the SIT to allow him to independently identify the exact sites where he witnessed the secret burials.
The complainant also stated in the letter that the ongoing operations by the SIT, formed by the Chief Minister to ensure an impartial investigation into the alleged crimes in Dharmasthala, have encouraged him to step forward without fear. He expressed his determination to cooperate with the SIT, which he believes has been constituted for the safety and protection of the people.
Responding to the letter, an assistant investigating officer from the SIT confirmed receipt of the application and said it has been reviewed. The officer advised that any information or complaint regarding a crime should be submitted to the local jurisdictional police station.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Thane (PTI): A man and his wife were arrested on Thursday in Mumbra in Thane district for allegedly murdering her lover, a police official said.
The probe into the case began after Raju Yadav, a resident of the Khardi Road area, was found dead with his throat slit on February 17, the Mumbra police station official said.
"Yadav, who was himself married, had been in a relationship with Farheen Mohammad Abid Malik (27) for the past eight months. Farheen's husband Mohammad Abid Abdul Wajid Malik (29) confronted her, after which the duo decided to kill Yadav," he said.
"On the midnight of February 17, Farheen called Yadav to an under-construction flat in the building, where she gave him a cold drink mixed with a chemical. After Raju became unconscious, Mohammad Malik came there and slit his throat. The couple has been remanded in police custody," the official said.
Further probe into the case, including where the chemical was procured, is underway, he said.
