Mangaluru: Karnataka has recorded zero dengue deaths in 2025 up to November, even though the state reported 6,759 dengue cases during the same period. The information was shared by the Family Welfare and Health Ministry in the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
According to a report published by The New Indian Express, Karnataka has reported nearly 80% decline in dengue cases compared to 2024. The drop is significant when viewed against the dengue trends of the past six years. In 2019, the state recorded 16,986 cases and 13 deaths. Cases dropped sharply in 2020 to 3,823 with no deaths, but dengue returned in the following years 7,393 cases and seven deaths in 2021, and 9,889 cases with nine deaths in 2022.
ALSO READ: Karnataka Assembly passes hate speech bill amid din
The situation worsened in 2023, when dengue cases climbed to 19,300 with 11 deaths, and escalated further in 2024, marking the worst year in the period with 32,886 cases and 27 deaths.
At the national level, India has reported 1,13,440 dengue cases and 94 deaths in 2025 so far. Karnataka ranks sixth among states in terms of dengue infection, but stands out for having no fatalities, even as states such as Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Kerala have reported 12, 13 and 49 deaths, respectively.
The Centre attributes the improvement to stronger surveillance, early diagnosis, better mosquito-control measures, widespread awareness drives and free dengue testing across government hospitals. As per the report, Nationally, dengue cases have fallen by nearly 49% and deaths by more than 64% compared to the same period last year, bringing the case fatality rate down to just 0.08% in 2025.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru (PTI): Minister Priyank Kharge on Wednesday highlighted the state’s leadership in AI and deep technology while engaging with global industry leaders and startups at a four-day summit held in New Delhi, officials said.
During the event, Priyank witnessed the signing of a strategic MoU between H Company and St John’s Medical College & Research Institute, Bengaluru, to pilot advanced enterprise AI for hospital operations and workflow automation, strengthening responsible AI in healthcare, the minister’s office said in a statement here.
Speaking on the sidelines of the India AI Impact Summit, the minister said Karnataka is ahead of the curve in AI.
“We are already home to leading global AI players such as Harvey AI and Anthropic, and The Walt Disney Company is expanding its AI network in Bengaluru,” he added.
Noting Bengaluru’s position among the top global cities for AI talent, he added, “Under our DeepTech Decade, we are supporting startups with grants of up to Rs 1 crore. We are engaging with global leaders and innovators to ensure responsible AI use, build the right skill sets, create strong incubators, and establish Centres of Excellence that can foster startups and strengthen e-governance.”
The minister also attended a roundtable organised by the US-India Business Council (USIBC), where discussions focused on strengthening technology collaboration, investment partnerships, and innovation-led growth between Karnataka and global enterprises.
He met Timo Harakka, Member of Parliament of Finland, to explore possibilities for collaboration between Karnataka and Finland in AI and deep-tech sectors, including joint research, innovation partnerships, and startup exchanges.
The Karnataka IT Minister also visited the Indian Army showcase at the summit, which featured advanced AI-driven defence and strategic technology applications, highlighting the role of AI in national security and modernisation efforts.
He toured the Karnataka Pavilion and the ArtPark Pavilion, interacting with founders and teams from Karnataka’s innovation ecosystem and reviewing emerging AI and deep-tech solutions, the statement added.
