Mangaluru: The Dakshina Kannada district unit of the Karnataka Dalit Sangharsha Samiti (DSS) has strongly condemned the assault on media personnel, including YouTubers and private TV reporters, during the ongoing SIT-led excavation and investigation in Dharmasthala village following an anonymous complaint.

Addressing a press conference at the city’s Press Club on Saturday, district leader S.P. Anand said that Abhishek, a cameraman from a private channel who belongs to the Dalit community, was among those attacked. He demanded strict legal action against those involved and called for a case under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act to be registered.

“This is not merely an attack on individuals; it is an attempt to undermine the democratic process of bringing the truth to light. Violence against those who question and present facts to the public undermines transparency and accountability. The SIT must be allowed to complete its investigation so that the truth can emerge,” Anand stated.

He added that halting the SIT probe midway would only increase suspicion about the accused. Referring to a video in which one of the attackers used the word “Dhani” (Boss) while threatening the YouTubers, Anand urged police to investigate who was behind such acts of intimidation and rowdy behaviour.

DSS leaders Anil Kumar, Taluk Convener Satish Moodbidri, and members Naveen Moodbidri, Sujith Moodbidri, and Suresh Moodbidri were also present at the press conference.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Mangaluru and Dakshina Kannada in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Mangaluru.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Thane (PTI): A man and his wife were arrested on Thursday in Mumbra in Thane district for allegedly murdering her lover, a police official said.

The probe into the case began after Raju Yadav, a resident of the Khardi Road area, was found dead with his throat slit on February 17, the Mumbra police station official said.

"Yadav, who was himself married, had been in a relationship with Farheen Mohammad Abid Malik (27) for the past eight months. Farheen's husband Mohammad Abid Abdul Wajid Malik (29) confronted her, after which the duo decided to kill Yadav," he said.

"On the midnight of February 17, Farheen called Yadav to an under-construction flat in the building, where she gave him a cold drink mixed with a chemical. After Raju became unconscious, Mohammad Malik came there and slit his throat. The couple has been remanded in police custody," the official said.

Further probe into the case, including where the chemical was procured, is underway, he said.