Mangaluru: Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dinesh Gundu Rao, commenting on Madhya Pradesh Cabinet Minister Vijay Shah for his recent controversial statement on Col Sofiya Qureshi, said that the BJP was stooping to very low moral levels by insulting officers of the Indian Army.
Addressing reports at the Circuit House on Friday, Rao pointed out that the Madhya Pradesh High Court, expressing distrust in the state government regarding filing an FIR against Shah, had stated that it would take charge of the matter.
Stating that the BJP only focuses on communalizing the matter, with many party workers also insulting the Foreign Secretary’s daughter, the minister challenged the BJP workers to troll Prime Minister Narendra Modi who had decided on calling a ceasefire with Pakistan. The power to take the decision lies with the PM, Rao said, and also asked people to understand matters clearly rather than politicizing them.
He further criticized the PM’s silence regarding Pakistan’s fake news that it had destroyed Indian jets although all of India had unitedly stood by the Central government as it went ahead to fight against the Pahalgam terrorists.
The minister stated that people had been seeking explanations for the declaration of the ceasefire by US President Donald Trump. Opining that PM Modi greatly feared the US President, he added that while the PM criticizes Turkey boldly, he also prefers silence on China supplying weapons to Pakistan.
Rao said that the PM should call an all-party meeting and answer questions. He pointed out that the Congress leaders had demanded a special Parliamentary session to discuss the Pahalgam issue.
In response to a question on President Trump asking Apple to stop expanding production in India, the minister expressed optimism regarding the PM.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): The Delhi High Court on Friday asked Jaideep Sengar, brother of Unnao rape case convict Kuldeep Sengar, to surrender before jail authorities in connection with his conviction in the custodial death case of the survivor's father.
A bench of Justices Navin Chawla and Ravinder Dudeja was hearing a plea by the convict for further extension of interim bail upon suspension of the 10-year sentence.
It observed that the interim bail granted to Jaideep Sengar in July 2024 was last extended in April 2025 and since then, in spite of five dates, no order of any further extension or suspension of his sentence has been passed by the court.
As the senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar urged the bench to extend the period of his release on account of his health, the bench said, "You surrender and then we will see."
"Although there is no extension of interim suspension of sentence granted, we find he has still not surrendered. Before we proceed to consider his application for further extension of suspension of sentence, we require the appellant to first surrender," the bench ordered.
The senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar assured the court that he would surrender by Saturday.
The court listed the matter for hearing next week.
Jaideep Sengar, 50, sought the bail extension on the grounds that he is suffering from oral cancer.
The Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) counsel had earlier said it was not a fit case for extension of interim bail, and the prescription given by Jaideep Sengar in support of his plea was fabricated.
In his application, Jaideep Sengar said he was suffering from stage IV oral cancer, a life-threatening condition, and had developed clinical signs of recurrence.
The condition, the plea said, required continuous and specialised medical care.
The plea also informed that Jaideep Sengar has spent about four years in custody.
The high court had granted interim bail to Jaideep Sengar on July 3, 2024, for two months on medical grounds.
Kuldeep Sengar was convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for the remainder of his life on December 20, 2019, for raping the minor in 2017.
On March 13, 2020, Kuldeep Sengar, along with Jaideep Sengar, was sentenced to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment by the trial court, which also imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh, in the custodial death case of the rape survivor's father.
The survivor's father was arrested, allegedly at the behest of the accused, under the Arms Act and died in custody on April 9, 2018, owing to police brutality.
The trial court said no leniency could be shown for killing a family's sole breadwinner.
