Kumta: In the Annual General Body Meeting of Jamaatul Muslimeen held on Thursday night at Jumma Masjid Kumta, new office bearers were elected to lead the organisation. The meeting was held after Isha prayers and saw participation from members of the community.
Abdul Shukur Sab has been elected as the new President, while Nazeer Khan will take over as Vice President. Mohammed Mohsin Quazi has been re-elected as the General Secretary, marking his third consecutive term in the post. Yaseen Sab will serve as the Joint Secretary, and Mehtab Ali has been appointed as the Auditor.
The new Executive Committee includes Mohammed Aqueel Quazi, Ameen Sab, Amjad Shaikh, Iftiqar Shaikh, Saleem Quazi, Dr. Nazeem Khan, Mehboob Ali Mujawar and Mohammed Gouse Shaikh.
During the meeting, the report of the previous term was presented, highlighting the work and initiatives undertaken by the Jamaat. Members also discussed ongoing projects and appreciated the efforts of the outgoing team. Prayers were offered for the success and unity of the newly elected leadership as they take on the responsibilities of serving the local community.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): The Delhi High Court on Friday asked Jaideep Sengar, brother of Unnao rape case convict Kuldeep Sengar, to surrender before jail authorities in connection with his conviction in the custodial death case of the survivor's father.
A bench of Justices Navin Chawla and Ravinder Dudeja was hearing a plea by the convict for further extension of interim bail upon suspension of the 10-year sentence.
It observed that the interim bail granted to Jaideep Sengar in July 2024 was last extended in April 2025 and since then, in spite of five dates, no order of any further extension or suspension of his sentence has been passed by the court.
As the senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar urged the bench to extend the period of his release on account of his health, the bench said, "You surrender and then we will see."
"Although there is no extension of interim suspension of sentence granted, we find he has still not surrendered. Before we proceed to consider his application for further extension of suspension of sentence, we require the appellant to first surrender," the bench ordered.
The senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar assured the court that he would surrender by Saturday.
The court listed the matter for hearing next week.
Jaideep Sengar, 50, sought the bail extension on the grounds that he is suffering from oral cancer.
The Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) counsel had earlier said it was not a fit case for extension of interim bail, and the prescription given by Jaideep Sengar in support of his plea was fabricated.
In his application, Jaideep Sengar said he was suffering from stage IV oral cancer, a life-threatening condition, and had developed clinical signs of recurrence.
The condition, the plea said, required continuous and specialised medical care.
The plea also informed that Jaideep Sengar has spent about four years in custody.
The high court had granted interim bail to Jaideep Sengar on July 3, 2024, for two months on medical grounds.
Kuldeep Sengar was convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for the remainder of his life on December 20, 2019, for raping the minor in 2017.
On March 13, 2020, Kuldeep Sengar, along with Jaideep Sengar, was sentenced to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment by the trial court, which also imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh, in the custodial death case of the rape survivor's father.
The survivor's father was arrested, allegedly at the behest of the accused, under the Arms Act and died in custody on April 9, 2018, owing to police brutality.
The trial court said no leniency could be shown for killing a family's sole breadwinner.
