Mysuru: Home Minister Dr. G. Parameshwara has ruled out the demand to hand over the Dharmasthala case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), stating that the Special Investigation Team (SIT) is conducting the probe in a proper manner.
Speaking to reporters in the city on Monday, he said, “The SIT is carrying out its investigation sincerely and efficiently. It is not right for the BJP to make political statements before the SIT report is submitted. There is no need for the NIA in this matter.”
On the question of conducting a narco test, he clarified, “It is not for me to decide whether such a test should be conducted or not. I have only instructed the SIT to complete the report at the earliest. Once the report is out, the truth will be known.”
Reacting to the statements regarding the Dharmasthala rally, the Minister said, “People are going there to have darshan of Lord Manjunatha. Let them go, is it possible to stop them? But no one should try to politicise this matter.”
Responding to the controversy raised by the BJP over inviting International Booker prize winner Banu Mushtaq to inaugurate the Mysuru Dasara festivities, Dr. Parameshwara said, “This is not the first time, earlier Nisar Ahmed too inaugurated the festival. Dasara is a state festival, not a religious function. Whether Banu Mushtaq has personal faith in Goddess Chamundeshwari or not, this remains the Nada Habba. Everyone should come together to celebrate it.”
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Karachi (PTI): At least 16 people, including many children, were killed and 14 others injured when a suspected gas leakage led to an explosion in a residential building in Pakistan's Karachi on Thursday morning.
“The explosion took place around 4:30 am on the first floor of the building located in the Old Soldier Bazar area when everyone was awake for Sehri time,” police official Jamshed Asher said.
The first day of Ramzan is being observed in Pakistan today.
The police official said that the reason for the explosion apparently was a gas leakage.
ALSO READ: IIT-Madras to establish applied AI innovation centre in Dubai
Due to gas shortage in Pakistan’s biggest city, many families especially in lower income residential areas use liquid petroleum gas cylinders at their homes.
Police surgeon Dr Samaiya Syed confirmed that they have received 14 bodies so far from the blast site while 14 injured are under treatment.
The explosion caused a part of the building structure to collapse due to its dilapidated condition.
“We are still searching through the rubble and debris to see if there are any more bodies or survivors,” Chief Fire Officer Humayun Khan said.
The deceased include at least nine children aged between two and 17 while the injured also include seven children.
This is the second major tragedy to occur in Karachi. Last month, a fire broke out in the basement of the Gul Shopping Plaza, a wholesale and retail market, in the Saddar area killing at least 79 people and leaving scores injured.
