Puttur: Dakshina Kannada Superintendent of Police K. Arun has warned that strict legal action will be taken against individuals spreading false or misleading information about police operations. He said that while everyone has the right to comment on issues, spreading unverified information that distorts facts would attract legal consequences.
In a statement issued on Friday, the SP referred to the recent incident at Ishwaramangala, where the police intercepted a truck transporting 12 cattle illegally and arrested one suspect after shooting him in the leg when he tried to escape.
Videos and posts related to the incident including claims that BJP leader Arun Kumar Puthila slashed the truck’s ropes and tarpaulin with a sickle have gone viral on social media.
Clarifying the sequence of events, SP Arun said that locals and Puthila had assisted the police team in unloading the cattle. “The activity was carried out only to rescue the animals and with the permission of the police inspector, not for any religious purpose,” he said, denying any coordination between the police and those who helped.
He explained that Puthila arrived at the spot, found one of the cattle dead, and sought permission to help remove the others from the truck. “A constable contacted the inspector, and after speaking directly to Puthila, the inspector gave him permission to assist,” the SP said.
The SP, however, noted that the incident was misrepresented on social media, distorting the facts and creating unnecessary political tension. “The inspector made an error in judgment by not taking adequate precautions, which allowed the situation to turn into a political platform. A charge memo will be issued against him,” Arun said.
He further stated that the police had acted independently in the case. “The investigation team followed the truck, registered the case, and no organization intervened in the process. The case was later transferred from the Puttur sub-division for a proper investigation,” he added.
The SP confirmed that Bellare Sub-Inspector and personnel were present at the scene, while other officers assisted in handling the injured accused and in the ongoing investigation.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.
The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.
"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.
"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.
Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.
As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.
Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.
Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.
He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.
Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".
