Udupi: District In-charge Minister Lakshmi Hebbalkar said that the government was planning to develop tourism in the entire coastal belt in a new manner, including the various islands in Udupi district, as it will draw tourists to not only the coastal district and the state but the entire country.
The minister, who spoke after hoisting the flag at St Mary’s Island during the 77th Republic Day celebrations on Monday, said that the 116 islands in Karnataka, including St Mary’s Island, had been neglected by the administration so far.
“We have failed in utilizing the wonderful resources in these islands. A day-long conference was held in Mangaluru recently to discuss development of tourism in coastal Karnataka, with the Chief Minister, Deputy CM, representatives of all coastal districts and officers concerned attending the conference,” she added.
Hebbalkar called upon the people to support the government in its venture and asked for suggestions and guidance from the people to ensure tourism in the coastal district is successful.
She expressed pride in getting an opportunity to hoist the national flag at the largest island in Karnataka, and reminisced, “When I first arrived here, I inspected the 11 boats that were a part of the Coast Guard force. The experience was thrilling and unforgettable.”
Citing various forces that guard the coast, citizens who work as informers, and volunteers who clean beaches, among others, Hebbalkar called them the true patriots and heroes of the nation as they strive for the welfare and security of the nation sidelining their own safety. “However, please pay attention to your safety while fulfilling your duties diligently,” she requested them.
MLC Channaraj Hattiholi, Karavali Development Board President MA Gafur, District Guarantee Scheme Implementation Committee President Ashok Kumar Kodavoor, Deputy Commissioner TK Swaroopa, Zilla Panchayat CEO Prathik Bayal, Superintendent of Police Hariram Shankar and others were present on the occasion.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): French President Emmanuel Macron, along with First Lady Brigitte Macron, left Mumbai for New Delhi on Wednesday after concluding his engagements here, including bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
They were seen off at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport by Maharashtra Governor Acharya Devvrat, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Deputy CM Eknath Shinde.
On Tuesday, Macron held discussions with Modi as part of efforts to further strengthen India-France strategic ties.
During the Mumbai visit, the French president and his wife also met some of India's top filmmakers and actors, and had an animated exchange with them about cinema, culture and collaboration.
President Macron is on an official visit to India from February 17 to 19 at the invitation of PM Modi to participate in the AI Impact Summit hosted by India in the national capital Delhi, besides the bilateral summit in Mumbai.
PM Modi will inaugurate the summit on February 19. As many as 20 heads of states, including French President Macron, will be present at the inaugural session, Electronics and IT Secretary S Krishnan said.
