Bengaluru: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a yellow alert for several regions of the state, forecasting heavy rainfall with hailstorm in more than 25 districts of the state over the next few days.
In a forecast issued on Monday, the IMD has said that cloudy skies with thunderstorms and strong winds of 40-50 km/h velocity are expected from April 1-3; hailstorms are likely in Coastal and North Interior Karnataka on April 2-3 and widespread rain are expected on April 4. Residents are advised to stay updated with weather alerts and take necessary precautions, especially in districts under the yellow alert.
The following districts are placed on yellow alert: Vijayanagar, Tumkur, Shivamogga, Ramanagara, Mysuru, Mandya, Kolar, Kodagu, Hassan, Davangere, Chitradurga, Chikkamagaluru, Chikkaballapur, Chamarajanagar, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore Urban, Vijayapura, Haveri, Gadag, Dharwad, Belagavi, Bagalkot, Uttara Kannada, Dakshina Kannada, and Udupi.
The IMD has said that, between April 1 and 3, scattered moderate rain is expected in North Interior Karnataka, while South Interior Karnataka, including Bengaluru and coastal districts, are likely to witness widespread moderate rainfall. Some areas of the state will receive heavy showers, it has predicted.
It has also issued a hailstorm warning for Coastal Karnataka and North Interior Karnataka, adding that isolated hailstorms are expected in South Interior Karnataka on April 3.
On April 4 too, most parts of the state will receive heavy rainfall, while Bidar, Koppal, Raichur, and Yadgir districts will continue to experience dry weather, with only moderate rainfall.
The IMD stated that so far Kalaburagi district Kalaburagi recorded the highest maximum temperature at 40.6°C. Chamarajanagar recorded the lowest temperature at 15.4°C.
The Meteorological Department has clarified that the sudden change in weather conditions due to a depression over the Odisha coast, which may intensify into a cyclone.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi, Ape 3 (PTI): South African pace bowler Kagiso Rabada has returned home from the IPL due to personal reasons, his franchise Gujarat Titans announced on Thursday.
The Titans, though, have not specified the duration of Rabada’s absence from the IPL 2025, where he has played two matches.
“Kagiso Rabada has returned to South Africa to deal with an important personal matter,” the Gujarat outfit said in a statement.
Rabada appeared against Punjab Kings and Mumbai Indians, grabbing 1 for 41 and 1 for 42 respectively in those matches.
The 29-year-old was not picked for Gujarat Titans’ match against Royal Challengers Bengaluru at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium on Wednesday.
Arshad Khan was drafted into the eleven in place of Rabada, and the left-arm pacer picked up the key wicket of Virat Kohli early in the innings.
In the absence of Rabada, GT could be relying on his South African teammate Gerald Coetzee or Afghanistan all-rounder Karim Janat.