Mysuru: A bomb threat email sent to Mysuru City Police Commissioner Seema Latkar in the early hours of Friday has triggered a high alert across the city. The email, received at around 1:30 am, warned that multiple bombs had been planted at various key locations in Mysuru and could detonate within 24 hours.

In response, Commissioner Latkar convened an emergency meeting with senior police officials and ordered immediate deployment of bomb detection and disposal squads. Dog squads and special teams have been conducting intensive checks at sensitive areas, including Mysuru railway station, the airport, city and suburban bus stands, Mysore Palace, major temples, hotels, and other crowded locations.

“All officers are on the ground, inspecting public places, hotels, and lodges. We are taking the threat very seriously as it concerns public safety. The entire city has been placed under high alert,” said Commissioner Seema Latkar.

Additional security has been deployed across all police stations, and district police units have been alerted to assist with surveillance, intelligence gathering, and precautionary measures.

As of now, no suspicious object has been found, but search operations continue. Authorities have appealed to the public to remain calm and cooperate with security personnel.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): India on Monday voiced deep concern over a drone attack targeting the Barakah nuclear facility in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as it marked a dangerous escalation in the West Asia conflict.

New Delhi's reaction came a day after a drone struck a generator near the Gulf nation's sole nuclear power plant, sparking a fire on the complex's perimeter.

No one has claimed responsibility for the attack. The UAE's Ministry of Defence said it is working to determine the source of the drone strike.

The incident triggered fears of a sharp escalation in tensions across West Asia.

"India is deeply concerned at the attack targeting the Barakah nuclear facility in the UAE," the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said.

"Such actions are unacceptable and represent a dangerous escalation. We urgently call for restraint and a return to dialogue and diplomacy," it said.