Bagalkote (Karnataka) (PTI): Two persons have been arrested in connection with communal clashes during a Shivaji Jayanti procession in Bagalkote, police said on Sunday.

An FIR was registered following the incident in the Qila Oni area, where stones were allegedly thrown during the procession.

"Based on video footage and photographic evidence, we have arrested two persons in connection with the stone-pelting," a police officer said.

Police said the duo had been booked on charges of attempting to incite violence, obstructing police personnel from discharging their duties and damaging private property.

"The accused have been remanded to judicial custody," the officer added.

The city witnessed communal clashes when stones and slippers were reportedly hurled at a Shivaji Jayanti procession near a mosque at Qila Oni locality on Thursday.

Meanwhile, police said restrictions have been imposed on Pramod Muthalik, chief of Sri Ram Sena, and Hindu activist Puneeth Kerehalli as a precautionary measure to maintain law and order and prevent any unrest.

Muthalik, who reached Bagalkote, condemned the restrictions imposed on him, saying that those uniting the country are being targeted, while those indulging in anti-national activities and creating rifts in society are being protected.

He said his outfit had organised an event on Monday in which he would participate in at any cost.

"I will participate in the event. Let the police arrest me," he said.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Lucknow (UP) (PTI): An FIR was lodged in Prayagraj against Swami Avimukteshwaranand Saraswati and his disciple Mukundanand Brahmachari over allegations of sexual abuse of two persons, including a minor over the past year, including during the Magh Mela.

The action was taken on Saturday after an order passed earlier in the day by the Special Judge (POCSO Act), Prayagraj, directed that a case be registered on an application moved by Ashutosh Brahmachari Maharaj and others.

According to officials, the FIR has been registered under relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and relevant sections of the BNS.

Besides Avimukteshwaranand and Mukundanand Brahmachari, two to three unidentified persons have also been named in the complaint.

As per the FIR, the complainants include Ashutosh Brahmachari Maharaj, a disciple of Swami Rambhadracharya, and two persons -- one of them a minor -- who alleged sexual abuse at a gurukul and during religious congregations, including the Magh Mela.

The complaint alleges that the accused, posing as religious preceptors, subjected the minor and another youth to repeated sexual assault on multiple occasions over the past year.

It further alleges that the acts were carried out under the guise of "guru seva" and by misusing religious authority. The complainants claimed that written representations were earlier submitted to Jhunsi police and senior officials but no FIR was registered, prompting them to approach the court.

Following the court's direction, Jhunsi Police Station registered the FIR late Saturday night and initiated further investigation. There was no immediate police statement on arrests.

Avimukteshwarananda recently hit the headlines for his confrontation with the organisers of the Magh Mela in Prayagraj. He accused the administration of preventing him from taking a bath on Mauni Amavasya.

Responding to the court order on Saturday, Avimukteshwaranand said the case against him was false and that those responsible for the acts alleged must be punished.

He added, however, that facts of the matter would only come to light after a case is filed.

"Therefore, it is necessary. We would like to ask that the court not delay this process for a long time and act at a faster pace, because many people are watching this," he told reporters.