Bengaluru: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Wednesday successfully launched its heaviest satellite to date, marking a major milestone in India’s space programme.

According to a report published by The New Indian Express, the Launch Vehicle Mark-3 (LVM3)-M6 rocket lifted off with the 6.10-tonne BlueBird-6 Block-2 communication satellite of US-based AST SpaceMobile (AST and Science, LLC) and released it accurately in the 518.50 km altitude circular Low Earth Orbit (LEO).

ALSO READ: Success of LVM-3 mission reinforces India's growing role in global commercial launch market: PM Modi

The launch took place at 8.55 am and the satellite released in its orbit at 9.11 am in what ISRO scientists described as a “textbook launch”.

ISRO Chairman V Narayanan reportedly said this was the third commercial launch using the LVM3 rocket and the first time it was used exclusively for a foreign communication satellite. He said that this mission was also the ninth launch mission of the LVM3, with all launches so far being successful.

Until now, ISRO’s heaviest launch was the 4.40-tonne GSAT-7R satellite placed in orbit in November 2025 for the Indian Navy. The BlueBird-6 satellite now surpasses that record, making it the heaviest payload launched by ISRO.

Explaining the BlueBird Block-2 Mission, the team said the satellite, which will be a part of a constellation of other similar satellites under the mission will provide faster 4G and 5G services and video calls. It also aims at enhancing network connectivity with locations where there were hassles earlier. AST SpaceMobile has launched five satellites, Bluebird 1-5 in September 2024, which provide continuous coverage across the US and other select countries.

As per the report, the LVM3-M6 has injected the satellite in the 518.50 km circular LEO orbit at a 53-degree inclination to the equator. It is just 1.5 km lower than the designated orbit, and is considered accurate. This precise placement is also an achievement marked by the ISRO team, said Narayanan.
The satellite had arrived at Sriharikota in October, and the launch was earlier postponed due to technical reasons before being successfully carried out on December 24, officials said.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai (PTI): French President Emmanuel Macron, along with First Lady Brigitte Macron, left Mumbai for New Delhi on Wednesday after concluding his engagements here, including bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

They were seen off at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport by Maharashtra Governor Acharya Devvrat, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Deputy CM Eknath Shinde.

On Tuesday, Macron held discussions with Modi as part of efforts to further strengthen India-France strategic ties.

During the Mumbai visit, the French president and his wife also met some of India's top filmmakers and actors, and had an animated exchange with them about cinema, culture and collaboration.

President Macron is on an official visit to India from February 17 to 19 at the invitation of PM Modi to participate in the AI Impact Summit hosted by India in the national capital Delhi, besides the bilateral summit in Mumbai.

PM Modi will inaugurate the summit on February 19. As many as 20 heads of states, including French President Macron, will be present at the inaugural session, Electronics and IT Secretary S Krishnan said.