Bhopal: Two days after a video showing Chhattishgarh’s Surajpur district collector slapping a youth went viral on social media platforms, another video has now surfaced from Madhya Pradesh’s Shajapur district wherein a female office is seen slapping a boy for violating COVID-19 norms.
The officer, identified as Additional District Collector of Shajapur district, Manjusha Vikrant Rai has drawn criticism from social media users ever since the video went viral. She is being criticized for breaching tenets of civility.
As per reports, the incident took place two days ago when Shajapur additional district collector Manjusha Vikrant Rai was out with her team to ensure implementation of ‘corona curfew’, ordered by the state government to curb the spread of COVID-19 infection. She noticed a shoe shop open and flared up in rage.
In the viral social media video, the woman officer and some policemen can be seen questioning a man – who was present inside the shop – and ordering him to pull down the shop’s shutter. Seconds later, a boy enters the frame, and the woman officer – who was visibly extremely furious – slaps him.
The ADM can be heard asking the boy, “Ghar kahan hai tera (where is your house)?” When the boy told her his address, she accused him of lying and slapped him. Following this, a policeman can be seen rushing towards the boy and threatening to hit him with a baton.
Meanwhile, the collector of Chhattisgarh's Surajpur district, Ranbir Sharma, was removed from the post after a viral video showed him slapping a man and throwing his mobile phone for alleged COVID-19 norms violation.
In Shajapur MP, Additional Collector Manjusha Vikrant Rai slap a Muslim boy who presents in the shoe shop.
— Faisal Nadeem (@FaisalNadeemAMU) May 24, 2021
No outrage because he is Muslim.
Any comment @IASassociation
Any action against the lady officer @CMMadhyaPradesh @ChouhanShivraj @DGP_MP @MPDial100 pic.twitter.com/rop1qBC0jF
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.
The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.
"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.
"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.
Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.
As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.
Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.
Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.
He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.
Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".
