If you were trying to share Thanksgiving photos today you may have noticed that both Facebook and Instagram have been suffering intermittent outages. Just like you might feel after your third helping of turkey and stuffing: they’re down, but not quite out.

Instagram has acknowledged the issue, noting on twitter that “some people are currently having trouble accessing Facebook’s family of apps, including Instagram.” The company noted it was “working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.”

There are widespread reports of problems right across the globe, with users saying they’re unable to post to Facebook or view stories on Instagram (where outages seem to be worst). There have even been some reports of problems with Messenger, too.

According to DownDetector, Instagram seems to be suffering the worst in central Europe, with #InstagramDown trending on Twitter in the UK, while Facebook users are reporting outages right across the US.

Given that America is on holiday today, it’s certainly not a convenient time for outages on social media, but so far the problems have only been going on for a few hours.

Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp all suffered their worst ever outages earlier this year in March, with problems that were eventually attributed to a “server configuration change” persisting for more than 24 hours. We’ve got a way to go before today’s outages reach that level, but we’ll certainly keep you updated.

Courtesy: www.theverge.com

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Gurugram (PTI): The Gurugram Cyber Police has arrested three men for allegedly providing calling support to a Chinese fraud syndicate, officials said on Wednesday.

According to the officials, a 20-port physical SIM box and a laptop were seized from them. These arrests come after a woman from Nagaland was held in connection with the same case.

The arrested accused have been identified as Karma (32) from Nagaland, and Lobsang Tsultim (33) and Ngawang Gyaltsen (35), both from Himachal Pradesh. Karma and Tsultim were arrested on February 14. Gyaltsen was intercepted on February 16 near Majnu Ka Tila in Delhi while attempting to flee to Nepal.

Police said the accused, during questioning, revealed that they were using SIM boxes to facilitate fraudulent calls targeting Indian citizens.

Karma and Lobsang Tsultim admitted to installing virtual SIM boxes in Gurugram on the instructions of a Chinese national named Tsega, they said.

These setups, which included 20 mobile phones, were capable of making over 20,000 calls a day. Tsega, allegedly used an application to contact Indian citizens for various crimes, including gaming and investment fraud, they said.

Tsultim and Gyaltsen were born in China and have lived in India as refugees for 15 years. Fluent in Chinese and Taiwanese, they communicated with Tsega via WeChat, a platform banned in India since 2020, they added.

ACP Cyber Priyanshu Dewan said the three accused were produced in court on Wednesday and have been sent to judicial custody.

"We are working to identify others involved in the network," he added.