New Delhi: Indian Student activist and leader, Safoora Zargar on Thursday expressed her disappointment on the complete lockdown in Jammu and Kashmir adding that she was unable to get in touch with her parents.
Safoora took to her Twitter account and called out on people who despite knowing the oppression people in J&K are subjected to, choose to remain silent.
“I pray that each 1 of u hu remains silent & openly or secretly rejoices in this zulm upon d ppl of J&K experience d same helplessness, anxiety, fear & restlessness that I do right now” (sic) she wrote in her tweet.
Twitter users flooded her handle with words of support and comfort.
Safoora was last year arrested for allegedly conspiring the Delhi riots that broke out in Feb 2020. She was charged under UAPA and was kept in solitary confinement for months before being granted bail by a court in June 2020. She is often known for voicing her opinions loud and clear.
Vartha Bharati News Bureau/Fathima Amir Abbas
Valley is under complete lockdown. I hv nt been able 2 reach my parents hu r there. I pray that each 1 of u hu remains silent & openly or secretly rejoices in this zulm upon d ppl of J&K experience d same helplessness, anxiety, fear & restlessness that I do right now.
— Safoora Zargar (@SafooraZargar) September 2, 2021
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Thiruvananthapuram (PTI): Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday expressed concern over the upcoming release of the second part of 'The Kerala Story', claiming that its first installment was made with the "intent to spread hatred against the state and undermine its secular tradition."
Vijayan, in a statement issued by his office, also questioned how "poisonous works produced to spread division and hatred in society" were allowed to be screened, while a film like 'Beef' was barred from a film festival.
He further said that Sangh Parivar centres had taken over and spread the false narrative conveyed by 'The Kerala Story'.
“They are spreading false propaganda by portraying even marriages conducted with mutual consent as examples of communalism and forced religious conversion,” the CM said.
He contended that such forces view Kerala—with no communal riots and a tradition of mutual respect among communities—with hostility, and termed them “enemies of the state” attempting to destroy the peace and tranquility of the region.
“We must collectively reject attempts to portray Kerala, a land of religious harmony that stands at the forefront of sustainable development and is a model in maintaining law and order, as a center of terrorism,” Vijayan said.
“It is the responsibility of each of us to ensure that Kerala’s secular foundation is not undermined by false propaganda and to reject it by upholding the values of secularism and brotherhood,” he added.
Directed by Kamakhya Narayan Singh, the teaser of 'Kerala Story 2: Goes Beyond', was released recently.
The first film, 'The Kerala Story', won awards for Best Direction and Best Cinematography at the 71st National Film Awards.
