New Delhi: Minutes after AltNews Co-founder Mohammed Zubair secured bail from Supreme Court in all cases registered against him, Twitter users welcomed the journalist back and hashtags #MohammedZubair and #WelcomeBack were soon trending on the micro-blogging site.

User trolled right-wing activists and journalists who had called for Zubair’s arrest and were opposing bail to the fact-checker.

Senior Editor of The Wire, Arfa Khanum tweeted and called Zubair a hero while another reputed journalist Rajdeep Sardesai said the Court’s order is a strong message for cops and their political masters.

Several other journalists, activists, and users also took to their respective handles and welcomed back Zubair.

Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court granted bail to Zubair in all the cases registered over his 2018 tweet. The SC also refused the prosecution’s plea to restrict Zubair from tweeting.

In what came as a surprise to the right-wing fringe elements, the SC also clubbed and transferred UP Police’s FIRs to Delhi and disbanded the UP SIT set up to probe the matter. It also ordered his release before 6 pm on Wednesday subject to Zubair furnishing Rs. 20,000 bail bonds.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): Minister Priyank Kharge on Wednesday highlighted the state’s leadership in AI and deep technology while engaging with global industry leaders and startups at a four-day summit held in New Delhi, officials said.

During the event, Priyank witnessed the signing of a strategic MoU between H Company and St John’s Medical College & Research Institute, Bengaluru, to pilot advanced enterprise AI for hospital operations and workflow automation, strengthening responsible AI in healthcare, the minister’s office said in a statement here.

Speaking on the sidelines of the India AI Impact Summit, the minister said Karnataka is ahead of the curve in AI.

“We are already home to leading global AI players such as Harvey AI and Anthropic, and The Walt Disney Company is expanding its AI network in Bengaluru,” he added.

Noting Bengaluru’s position among the top global cities for AI talent, he added, “Under our DeepTech Decade, we are supporting startups with grants of up to Rs 1 crore. We are engaging with global leaders and innovators to ensure responsible AI use, build the right skill sets, create strong incubators, and establish Centres of Excellence that can foster startups and strengthen e-governance.”

The minister also attended a roundtable organised by the US-India Business Council (USIBC), where discussions focused on strengthening technology collaboration, investment partnerships, and innovation-led growth between Karnataka and global enterprises.

He met Timo Harakka, Member of Parliament of Finland, to explore possibilities for collaboration between Karnataka and Finland in AI and deep-tech sectors, including joint research, innovation partnerships, and startup exchanges.

The Karnataka IT Minister also visited the Indian Army showcase at the summit, which featured advanced AI-driven defence and strategic technology applications, highlighting the role of AI in national security and modernisation efforts.

He toured the Karnataka Pavilion and the ArtPark Pavilion, interacting with founders and teams from Karnataka’s innovation ecosystem and reviewing emerging AI and deep-tech solutions, the statement added.