Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh: A purported CCTV video showing Manohar Lal Dhakad, a District Panchayat member from Mandsaur, in a compromising position with a woman on a newly built public highway has gone viral on social media, triggering outrage and prompting a police inquiry. The incident reportedly took place on May 13 and has since attracted significant public attention.
Manohar Lal Dhakad, a resident of Bani village in Mandsaur district, can be seen in the clip engaging in objectionable behaviour on the 8-lane highway. The woman seen with him is not identified. Dhakad’s wife is also a sitting member of the Mandsaur District Panchayat, adding further interest to the case.
Reacting to the viral video, Mandsaur BJP District President Rajesh Dixit stated that a proper investigation will be carried out before any action is taken. He also clarified that Dhakad is not a BJP office-bearer. “We are awaiting details of the incident. The party will not shield anyone found guilty,” he said.
State BJP spokesperson Yashpal Singh Sisodia reaffirmed the party’s position on discipline. He said, “The BJP is committed to maintaining moral standards. If any wrongdoing is confirmed, appropriate action will be taken.” Meanwhile, BJP State President V.D. Sharma also confirmed that Manohar Lal Dhakad is not a primary member of the party.
Police have not registered any case so far, and no official complaint has been filed by any party. However, the viral nature of the video and the public reaction has forced authorities to act.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Ujjain Range, Manoj Kumar Singh, condemned the act. “Such conduct is highly inappropriate, especially in a public place. We are in the process of verifying the location and authenticity of the video. If the video is found to be genuine, suitable action will be taken in accordance with the law,” he said.
As of now, the identity of the woman and the full context of the video remain unclear.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): French President Emmanuel Macron, along with First Lady Brigitte Macron, left Mumbai for New Delhi on Wednesday after concluding his engagements here, including bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
They were seen off at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport by Maharashtra Governor Acharya Devvrat, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Deputy CM Eknath Shinde.
On Tuesday, Macron held discussions with Modi as part of efforts to further strengthen India-France strategic ties.
During the Mumbai visit, the French president and his wife also met some of India's top filmmakers and actors, and had an animated exchange with them about cinema, culture and collaboration.
President Macron is on an official visit to India from February 17 to 19 at the invitation of PM Modi to participate in the AI Impact Summit hosted by India in the national capital Delhi, besides the bilateral summit in Mumbai.
PM Modi will inaugurate the summit on February 19. As many as 20 heads of states, including French President Macron, will be present at the inaugural session, Electronics and IT Secretary S Krishnan said.
