WhatsApp beta on Android has been updated with two new features. Users can now ‘Swipe to reply’ on chats, and open video links without leaving the app.
These two features are currently available only for WhatsApp beta users on Android. WhatsApp’s beta programme is open for all users and you can follow this link to become a member. Being a beta member on WhatsApp will give you access to features rolled out before it hits the stable version. You can always opt out of the beta programme and get back to the stable WhatsApp.
Picture-in-Picture mode supports YouTube and Instagram videos. If you tap on a YouTube or Instagram video link, it will play within the chat and not direct you to the respective apps. You can also expand the video box to watch it in full-screen. Earlier in August, WhatsApp rolled out picture-in-picture for video calling on its beta app. On iOS, this feature has been available since last year.
Another feature rolled out on iOS is swipe to reply. This essentially allows users to swipe right on the message they want to reply to. It will launch the reply box for that particular message. This feature is an addition to the existing way of replying with a long press on the message. Users now have two shortcut ways of replying to messages on WhatsApp.
This too, has been available for WhatsApp users on iOS for a long time now. WhatsApp usually rolls out features available on beta for its stable version. This however does not confirm a definite rollout though. WhatsApp is expected to introduce more features in the future which include dark mode. It is also reportedly working on showing ads on the messaging app.
courtesy : hindustantimes.com
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru (PTI): Minister Priyank Kharge on Wednesday highlighted the state’s leadership in AI and deep technology while engaging with global industry leaders and startups at a four-day summit held in New Delhi, officials said.
During the event, Priyank witnessed the signing of a strategic MoU between H Company and St John’s Medical College & Research Institute, Bengaluru, to pilot advanced enterprise AI for hospital operations and workflow automation, strengthening responsible AI in healthcare, the minister’s office said in a statement here.
Speaking on the sidelines of the India AI Impact Summit, the minister said Karnataka is ahead of the curve in AI.
“We are already home to leading global AI players such as Harvey AI and Anthropic, and The Walt Disney Company is expanding its AI network in Bengaluru,” he added.
Noting Bengaluru’s position among the top global cities for AI talent, he added, “Under our DeepTech Decade, we are supporting startups with grants of up to Rs 1 crore. We are engaging with global leaders and innovators to ensure responsible AI use, build the right skill sets, create strong incubators, and establish Centres of Excellence that can foster startups and strengthen e-governance.”
The minister also attended a roundtable organised by the US-India Business Council (USIBC), where discussions focused on strengthening technology collaboration, investment partnerships, and innovation-led growth between Karnataka and global enterprises.
He met Timo Harakka, Member of Parliament of Finland, to explore possibilities for collaboration between Karnataka and Finland in AI and deep-tech sectors, including joint research, innovation partnerships, and startup exchanges.
The Karnataka IT Minister also visited the Indian Army showcase at the summit, which featured advanced AI-driven defence and strategic technology applications, highlighting the role of AI in national security and modernisation efforts.
He toured the Karnataka Pavilion and the ArtPark Pavilion, interacting with founders and teams from Karnataka’s innovation ecosystem and reviewing emerging AI and deep-tech solutions, the statement added.
