Lucknow: A video of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath went viral across social media platforms wherein the CM is seen abusively lashing out at the cameraman of news agency Asian News International (ANI).
Adityanath had received his COVID vaccine minutes before the video was shot for a customary bite to the news agency.
“I would like to extend my greetings to the country’s scientists,” Adityanath droned on, before twitching at a minor interruption by a person in the room. He then lowered his voice and said, “Kya karte ho chutiyapane ka...” before the video cut off.
The video was soon trending with hashtag #YogiAdityanath on micro-blogging site Twitter. UP’s Additional Chief Secretary of Information Navneet Sehgal, was then quoted by news portal newslaundry.com as calling the video “morphed”.
Somebody must have played with the video,” Sehgal said. “We have uploaded the genuine video. He didn’t actually say it if you watch that.”
Meanwhile, ANI’s Uttar Pradesh bureau tweeted a retraction, stating that the video had been shot live. “Earlier issued live sound byte is retracted,” it said.
The video was then reuploaded wherein the CM is not seen abusing anybody.
When Newslaundry asked Sehgal Isn’t it likely that after Adityanath’s outburst, ANI reshot the video? He was quoted as saying “Only official videos go public, nothing else,” he said.
ANI has, however, not issued any statement in this regard except the retraction tweet without explanation.
This is how the 4th Pillar of Indian Democracy i.e. Media treated by BJP politicians!
— Siddharth Setia (@ethicalsid) April 5, 2021
No wonder why India ranks at 142 in World Press Freedom Index. #YogiAdityanath #IndianMedia #RIPDemocracy pic.twitter.com/rB6lubvrfm
Video byte of UP CM Yogi Adityanath on Covid vaccination
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) April 5, 2021
(Editors note: Earlier issued Live Sound byte is retracted) pic.twitter.com/td9qQHSnrX
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.
The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.
"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.
"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.
Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.
As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.
Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.
Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.
He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.
Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".
