Chennai: The Directorate of Medical and Rural Health Services (DMS) is considering a police complaint against YouTuber Mohammed Irfan for posting a video of him cutting the umbilical cord of his newborn daughter in a private hospital's operation theatre in Chennai.
The video, which was released on October 19, documents the popular food vlogger's wife's delivery and was filmed in July during her hospital stay and subsequent caesarean section. After the baby was born, the doctor handed the surgical scissors to the YouTuber, who proceeded to cut the umbilical cord.
Dr J. Rajamoorthy, Director of Medical and Rural Health Services told the New Indian Express that allowing Irfan inside the operation theatre with a camera was a violation of medical ethics. He indicated that a show cause notice would be issued to both the hospital and the YouTuber. He also urged the Tamil Nadu Medical Council to take action against the doctor who conducted the caesarean delivery.
“Since he is a third party we can only file a police complaint against him,” he was quoted as saying by the news outlet on Tuesday.
Earlier this year, Irfan posted a video revealing the sex of his unborn child, which led the DMS to issue a show cause notice for violating certain provisions of the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act, 1994. He was let off after he tendered an apology.
Irfan launched his YouTube channel in 2009 and has shared as many as 2743 videos, gaining 4.57 million subscribers.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): French President Emmanuel Macron, along with First Lady Brigitte Macron, left Mumbai for New Delhi on Wednesday after concluding his engagements here, including bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
They were seen off at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport by Maharashtra Governor Acharya Devvrat, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Deputy CM Eknath Shinde.
On Tuesday, Macron held discussions with Modi as part of efforts to further strengthen India-France strategic ties.
During the Mumbai visit, the French president and his wife also met some of India's top filmmakers and actors, and had an animated exchange with them about cinema, culture and collaboration.
President Macron is on an official visit to India from February 17 to 19 at the invitation of PM Modi to participate in the AI Impact Summit hosted by India in the national capital Delhi, besides the bilateral summit in Mumbai.
PM Modi will inaugurate the summit on February 19. As many as 20 heads of states, including French President Macron, will be present at the inaugural session, Electronics and IT Secretary S Krishnan said.
