New Delhi (PTI Fact Check): Multiple social media users shared several photos, claiming that they showed star football player Cristiano Ronaldo with his alleged wife Georgina Rodriguez. The users also claimed Ronaldo had converted to Islam and the photos were from their visit to Haram Sharif in Mecca, where they offered namaz. In its investigation, however, the PTI Fact Check Desk found that the photos shared on social media were fake. AI-generated photos were shared as real with a false claim.

Claim

An X (formerly Twitter) user shared on December 21 multiple photos of legendary football player Cristiano Ronaldo along with his alleged wife, Georgina Rodriguez. In the post, which has garnered over 247.5k views so far, the user claimed that the former had accepted Islam and offered namaz with Rodriguez at Haram Sharif in Mecca.

Here's the linkarchive link, and screenshot of the post. 

Investigation

The Desk ran the viral photos through Google Lens and found that they were shared by several other social media users as well. 

Here's the linkarchive link, and screenshot of one such Facebook post. 

The Desk then ran a customized keyword search on Google, but could not find any authentic report on the viral images or on the claim that Ronaldo had accepted Islam. 

In the next part of the investigation, the Desk closely watched the viral images and noticed several discrepancies, which suggested that they may be fake or AI-generated. For instance, the fingers of Ronaldo look disfigured or abnormal, along with blurred faces in the background. Below is a photo highlighting the same. 

Taking a cue from this, the Desk ran the combination of photos through True Media, an AI detection tool, which suggested a substantial presence of AI-generated or deepfake content. 

Below are the screenshots of the results:

Subsequently, the Desk concluded that the photos of Cristiano Ronaldo along with Georgina Rodriguez shared on social media were fake.

CLAIM
Star football player Cristiano Ronaldo, accepted Islam and offered prayers at Haram Sharif in Mecca along with Georgina Rodriguez.

FACT
AI-generated photos shared on social media falsely claimed that the two offered namaz at Haram Sharif in Mecca. Also, Ronaldo has not converted to Islam.

CONCLUSION
Multiple social media users shared a combination of photos, which showed star football player Cristiano Ronaldo with his alleged wife Georgina Rodriguez. The users claimed that Ronaldo had accepted Islam and the photos were their visit to Haram Sharif in Mecca, where they offered prayers. In its investigation, the Desk found that the photos were AI-generated and the claim of the player accepting Islam was fake.

(This story was originally published by PTI, and republished by english.varthabharati.in as part of the Shakti Collective)

 

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mysuru (Karnataka) (PTI): Safari operations, suspended after the human-tiger conflict, will resume with conditions from February 21, following Minister Eshwar Khandre’s directive on Friday to strictly enforce guidelines.

The state forest minister reviewed the situation with officials from Mysuru, Kodagu and Chamarajanagar, and said an order would be issued to restart safaris from Saturday.

Khandre warned that any violation of the conditions would make officials accountable.

“Only 50 per cent of the safari vehicles and staff in use prior to November 7 should be deployed. Operations should be conducted mainly through buses, with minimal use of campers and jeeps. Detailed instructions will be issued,” he said.

Khandre directed officials to identify human–wildlife conflict-prone areas in Bandipur and Nagarahole and intensify patrolling.

“Precautionary measures must ensure wild animals do not enter residential areas, preventing loss of life and crop damage,” he said.

Following the death of a farmer in a tiger attack in Mysuru district, safari operations in Nagarahole and Bandipur tiger reserves were suspended on November 7, 2025.

According to the minister’s office, a 100-km stretch along the Bandipur boundary has been identified as highly sensitive, with 25 camps to be set up at five-km intervals.

“Local residents will be appointed as ‘forest friends’ at each camp to monitor wildlife movement. Proposals for facilities such as thermal drones and vehicles must be submitted in writing,” he said.

He said protecting people living on forest fringes is as important as wildlife conservation, with equal emphasis on crop protection.

“Thirty-five per cent of safari revenue should be used for skill training for youth in fringe villages, cattle fodder supply and children’s education,” he said.

Khandre stressed that conservation depends on local community support and directed staff to maintain cordial relations with residents and involve them in conservation efforts.

“Permanent staff must use the internally developed e-patrolling software, while outsourced staff in tiger reserves should use the e-stripe system,” he said.

Wildlife movement should be monitored at the integrated command centre, with prompt instructions issued to field staff. Complaints received on helpline 1926 must be addressed immediately, he added.

The minister also directed measures to prevent forest fires in Nagarahole, Bandipur and Biligiri Ranganatha Hills during summer.

“Steps must ensure tigers, leopards, elephants and other wildlife do not stray out of forests due to shortages of food and water,” he said.