London, Mar 10 (PTI): England batter Harry Brook faces a two-year ban from the IPL after pulling out of his deal with Delhi Capitals ahead of the tournament beginning March 22.
Brook, who has made himself unavailable for the second straight season, apologised "unreservedly" to the franchise and its supporters.
"I have made the very difficult decision to pull out of the upcoming IPL. I apologize unreservedly to the Delhi Capitals and their supporters," Brook wrote on social media.
“It is a really important time for England cricket and I want to fully commit to preparing for the upcoming series.
"In order to do this, I need time to recharge after the busiest period in my career to date. I know not everyone will understand, and I don't expect them to, but I have to do what I believe is right and playing for my country remains my priority and focus."
England will play India in a home Test series in June, which will be followed by the much-anticipated Ashes from November to January.
The 26-year-old Brook had earlier withdrawn from the 2024 edition of IPL following the death of his grandmother.
Any foreign player who missed the IPL after getting picked at the auction faces two-year ban from the IPL unless he is injured.
"Any [overseas] player who registers for [an] auction and, after getting picked at the auction, makes himself unavailable before the start of the season will get banned from participating in the IPL/IPL auction for two seasons," as per the BCCI document shared with teams last year.
— Harry Brook (@Harry_Brook_88) March 9, 2025
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Shillong (PTI): The Meghalaya assembly session for February 20, during which the state budget is scheduled to be presented, could be adjourned as a mark of respect to Shillong MP Ricky A J Syngkon, who died on Thursday evening, Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said.
Syngkon reportedly collapsed while playing futsal on the outskits of the city, and doctors at a private hospital declared him dead around 8:45 pm.
"We have discussed with Deputy Chief Minister and in-charge of Parliamentary Affairs, Prestone Tynsong, and we will have a meeting tomorrow with the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) headed by the Speaker," Sangma told PTI.
ALSO READ: US-India partnership has critical role to play to make AI benefits available to everyone: Pichai
"I have communicated to the Deputy CM that it would be appropriate for the government not to go ahead with the proceedings of the House tomorrow. Even though tomorrow is the day we are supposed to present the budget, it will make absolute sense and a mark of respect to the departed soul if we were to postpone even the presentation of the budget," he said.
Sangma expressed shock over the sudden demise of Syngkon, recalling their recent meeting in Delhi where they discussed development plans for Meghalaya.
"I had met Syngkon about two weeks back in Delhi... that was the last meeting and conversation I had with him," the CM said.
Sangma recalled Syngkon's commitment and passion for the people of Khasi and Jaintia Hills, describing his demise as a "great loss for the state".
"Syngkon served the people with humility, vision and a sincere desire to uplift society. I express my deepest condolences to the family of late Ricky Syngkon, and I pray to the Almighty that he gives strength to the family members as well as his supporters and party leaders to bear the huge loss," the chief minister added.
