New Delhi: India has announced its 15-member squad for the ICC Champions Trophy 2025, with captain Rohit Sharma and chief selector Ajit Agarkar revealing the details at a press conference. The squad will also play the ODI series against England as part of its preparation for the tournament.

Shubman Gill has been named the vice-captain of the team, a move that signals the management's confidence in him as a future leader. Meanwhile, the fitness status of Jasprit Bumrah remains uncertain, with Agarkar stating that clarity will emerge in February. To address potential concerns, Harshit Rana has been selected for the England ODI series.

KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant have been chosen as the primary wicket-keepers, leaving out Sanju Samson. In a significant comeback, Mohammed Shami has been included in the squad after recovering from an injury. Kuldeep Yadav, another key player, also makes his return.

Several notable names, including Mohammed Siraj, Nitish Reddy, and Karun Nair, have not been included in the team. Yashasvi Jaiswal, who is yet to make his ODI debut, has been brought in as a backup opener, thanks to his impressive performances in Tests and T20Is.

India’s squad is identical for both the Champions Trophy and the England series, ensuring consistency in preparations. However, the absence of a pace-bowling all-rounder to back up Hardik Pandya could become a concern if fitness issues arise.

The Champions Trophy 2025 is set to take place from 19 February to 9 March.

Full squad for the Champions Trophy 2025:

Batters: Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill (VC), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer
Wicket-Keepers: KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant
All-Rounders: Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar
Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Kuldeep Yadav

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): The Karnataka State Cyber Command has arrested 68 people as part of a statewide drive against mule bank accounts and “mule herders” involved in cyber fraud, officials said on Friday.

The special operations, which have been continuing since last week across Karnataka, targeted networks engaged in aggregating and selling mule bank accounts used for cyber crimes.

The arrests were made between December 2025 and February 2026, police said in an updated report.

“The Karnataka Cyber Command has conducted statewide special operations against Mule accounts and mule herders across Karnataka. The special drive has continued since last week and this is an updated report,” the department said in a statement.

ALSO READ:  CM Siddaramaiah appeals for peace after Bagalkote clashes, BJP blames Cong

Police said the investigation identified a network of “mule herders” — individuals who aggregate and misuse mule bank accounts — who were retailing and selling such accounts to cyber criminals.

A total of 68 key accused and suspects have been arrested during the period.

According to the statement, mule herders had collected personal information and documents from unsuspecting laypersons and opened multiple bank accounts in the names of their relatives.

“These accounts were operated in a business-like manner,” it added.

As part of the crackdown, police registered 60 cases and identified 869 mule accounts across the state. As many as 8,788 complaints were registered on the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (NCRP) against the identified mule accounts.

The total money involved in all NCRP-linked crimes stood at Rs 85.05 crore, of which Rs 13.43 crore has been put on hold, the Cyber Command said.

During the drive, police obtained 32 search warrants and conducted 35 searches. In the searches, 35 ATM cards, 37 passbooks, 80 mobile phones, 28 cheque books and 22 SIM cards were seized, along with other incriminating materials, officials said. Pronab Mohanty, the Director General of Police (Karnataka State Cyber Command) supervised the special drive, police added.