New Delhi: The India U-23 men's national team was held to a 1-1 draw by Indonesia in their second friendly in Jakarta on Monday.
After a goalless first half, Korou Singh Thingujam (47') plut the Blue Colts in the lead, before Dony Tri Pamungkas (71') equalised for the hosts.
India had defeated the hosts 2-1 in the first match, following which, head coach Naushad Moosa made six changes to his starting lineup.
With an intent to avenge their defeat in the previous game, Indonesia pressed forward from the get go, but a spell of adept defending from the Blue Colts saw the match remain goalless for most parts of the first half.
Muhammad Rayhan Hannan's early shot was palmed away by India goalkeeper Dipesh Chauhan in the 10th minute.
Kakang Rudianto, from a set-piece, managed to leap higher than the rest and nodded a free-header goalwards. However, a flying Chauhan managed to put a hand out and tip it over the bar.
India waited for their opportune moments to launch the counter-attacks, and managed a good opportunity with Ricky Meetei flashing a venomous long-range shot perilously close to the Indonesia goal.
Minutes before the half-time whistle, Vibin Mohanan had a crack from the edge of the box, but it was saved by the Indonesia goalkeeper.
India started off much brighter after the change of ends, and took the lead within two minutes of the restart, when substitute Harsh Palande's low cross from the left found Korou unmarked inside the Indonesia box, and the latter tapped it in to put his side in the lead.
A minute later, Muhammed Suhail, who also came on as a substitute, weaved his way into the Indonesia box and had a crack, but it was punched away.
Indonesia had a sniff at getting an equaliser when Sumit Sharma committed a foul outside the India box. Dony Tri Pamungkas stepped up and sent the free-kick into the back of the net, to draw the hosts level.
Moosa made another slew of changes towards the end, which finally saw Priyansh Dubey come on to replace Chauhan in goal. The substitute goalkeeper also pulled off a stunning save in the closing minutes off a Rifqi Ray Farandi long-range effort.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.
The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.
"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.
"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.
Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.
As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.
Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.
Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.
He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.
Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".
