Thailand: 23-year-old Indian boxer Nishant Dev clinched India’s fourth Olympics quota in boxing and the first for men’s boxing on friday afternoon. His victory came with a unanimous 5:0 win over Vasile Cebotari of Moldova at the World Olympic qualifier in Thailand.

After a narrow defeat earlier in the year against American Omari Jones, Nishant regrouped, displaying resilience and strategic planning. His father, Pawan Dev, shared insights into Nishant's mindset, highlighting his determination to secure the Olympics quota.

Nishant's journey into boxing began in Karnal, where he was inspired by his uncle and later by the achievements of boxer Manoj Kumar. Under the guidance of his coach Surendra Chauhan, Nishant honed his skills, emphasizing his natural advantages as a southpaw boxer.

Recognition of Nishant's talent came in 2019 when then-Indian foreign high-performance director Santiago Nieva noticed his potential. Despite setbacks, including a shoulder injury that required surgery, Nishant's dedication remained unwavering.

His recent victory in Thailand marks a significant milestone in his career, propelling him towards the Paris Olympics with hopes of securing India's first medal in men’s boxing since Vijender Singh's achievement in 2008.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.