Jaipur, Apr 22: India and Rajasthan Royals leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal on Monday created history by becoming the first bowler ever to complete 200 wickets in the Indian Premier League.

The right-arm spinner achieved the feat during the first innings of the IPL clash between Rajasthan Royals and Mumbai Indians here at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, dismissing Afghan batter Mohammad Nabi.

The 33-year-old trusted his conventional leg-spinner as he gave the ball a loop to beat Nabi in the air, forcing the batter to try and work the ball on the leg side. But Nabi was unsuccessful in doing that and ended up lobbing an easy catch for Chahal to complete his dismissal and reach the landmark.

Chahal, who made his IPL debut in 2013, has so far played for three different teams including Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bengaluru.

Before hitting the 200-wickets mark, Chahal was in unchartered territory since IPL 2023 when he overtook Chennai Super Kings' Dwayne Bravo (183 wickets in 161 matches) for most wickets in the tournament's history.

While Bravo remains the second, at the third position is India and Mumbai Indians' leg-spinner Piyush Chawla, who has taken 181 wickets so far, followed by compatriot Bhuvneshwar Kumar (Sunrisers Hyderabad), who has 174 dismissals in 167 games.

At the fifth spot in the list is former India spinner Amit Mishra, who claimed 173 wickets in 161 games.

Among the active players in the list of most successful bowlers, Kolkata Knight Riders' Sunil Narine (169 matches) is tied with Ravichandran Ashwin at 172 wickets.

At the ninth spot is India and MI pacer Jasprit Bumrah with 158 wickets and at the 10th is Ravindra Jadeja, with 156 wickets in 233 matches.

Chahal has been in a rich vein of form this season and features in the list of bowlers who have taken the most wickets.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.