Gaza: The Government Media Office in Gaza issued a statement on Wednesday, accusing the Israeli military of committing acts of genocide, with the support of the United States and other Western nations, over the past year in the Gaza Strip. The statement claimed that the Israeli occupation forces had exterminated 902 Palestinian families, erasing them from the civil registry by killing all members of these families during the year-long conflict.
Additionally, the statement highlighted that 1,364 Palestinian families were left with only one surviving member, while 3,472 families had two surviving members. The total number of casualties in Gaza has reportedly exceeded 41,000, with nearly 20,000 people still missing, according to Palestinian officials.
The statement also extended condemnation to the United States and several European countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, and France, accusing them of supplying Israel with banned weapons. It called upon the international community and United Nations organizations to intervene, pressuring Israel to halt its military actions in Gaza and to end the violence that has been ongoing for a full year.
The conflict, which began on October 7 last year following an attack by Hamas, has since expanded into Lebanon. Despite calls for an immediate ceasefire from the UN Security Council, Israel’s military operations in Gaza continue.
The Government Media Office in Gaza emphasized the need for global denouncement of what it described as systematic crimes against civilians, including women and children, urging action to stop the bloodshed.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Lucknow (PTI): Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday accused the BJP government of "playing" with his security and sought an explanation for the withdrawal of the National Security Guard (NSG) cover provided to him.
In a statement issued from the SP headquarters here, the former chief minister said the government must clarify the reasons cited in his security cover review that led to the withdrawal.
"The BJP government is playing with my security. I had NSG security, but it was withdrawn. The government should have disclosed why," Yadav said, alleging that security decisions were being politicised.
Yadav also referred to the withdrawal of SPG protection for Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, claiming that the BJP government had earlier removed his cover and made him vacate his official residence.
Speaking to reporters during his day-long visit to Jhansi, Yadav accused the BJP of "insulting everyone", including a Shankaracharya and students at the Magh Mela in Prayagraj.
"They pulled the 'shikha' (tuft of hair) of our 'batuks' and humiliated them. The chief minister is constantly insulting Shankaracharya. He is demanding certificates from him," Yadav said, adding that Yogi Adityanath should apologise for his actions
A "true yogi" empathises with people's suffering, he said, and alleged that the government instead celebrates bulldozing houses. He further claimed that the chief minister does not respect the Constitution and law, and cited cases mentioned in Adityanath's 2017 election affidavit to attack him.
"No other chief minister has faced as many cases as the current chief minister," the SP chief said in the statement.
