Dhaka: More than sixty-three Iskcon monks, all Bangladeshis with valid travel documents, were stopped at Benapole land port in Bangladesh over the weekend and not allowed to enter India, as per several media reports.

Radharamn Das, spokesperson of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (Iskcon), told The Indian Express that they got news that “63 or even more brahmacharis” came to the Benapol border on the Bangladesh side on Saturday and Sunday. “They all had valid visas and wanted to enter India. However, Bangladesh authorities told them that India was not safe for them and didn’t allow them to enter India,” he added.

The Bangladesh government is yet to react on the fresh allegations levelled by Iskcon. Bangladesh mentioned earlier that the arrest of Chinmoy Krishna Das had been “misconstrued”, noting that his arrest was based on specific charges and that there has been no systematic attack on minorities in the country.

Das, a leader of the Sammilito Sanatani Jagaron Jot, was arrested on November 25 by the Bangladesh Police. He was denied bail by a court in Chittagong the next day and sent to jail in connection with a sedition case.

Meanwhile, Bangladesh recently claimed that India followed "double standards" on protection of minority communities and accused the neighbouring country's media of conducting an "industrial scale misinformation campaign" against Dhaka.

Bangladesh interim government's Law Affairs Adviser Asif Nazrul in a Facebook post stated that India's unwarranted concern for Bangladesh continues. “In India, numerous incidents of brutality on minority Muslim community is going on. But they don’t have any remorse or embarrassment (over those incidents). This double standard of India is condemnable and objectionable,” Nazrul wrote.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.