New Delhi: The Canadian government has denied any connection between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval to criminal activities within Canada.

A statement from Nathalie G. Drouin, the national security and intelligence advisor to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, clarified that there is no evidence implicating the Indian leaders. "Any suggestion to the contrary is both speculative and inaccurate," the statement read.

The clarification follows a report by The Globe and Mail alleging links between the Indian leadership and the death of NIA-designated terrorist Hardeep Nijjar in Canada. India's Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) strongly refuted the report, labelling it "ludicrous" and dismissing it with "the contempt it deserves."

The MEA reiterated its stance, calling such allegations part of a "smear campaign" that harms already strained diplomatic ties.

This development comes amidst heightened tensions between India and Canada. Prime Minister Trudeau had previously claimed "credible allegations" of India's involvement in Nijjar's killing, which India vehemently denied, describing the accusations as "absurd" and "motivated."

Nijjar, a Khalistani activist, was killed outside a gurdwara in Surrey, British Columbia, on June 18, 2023. Following the incident, India recalled six diplomats after they were declared "persons of interest" by Canadian authorities.

India has consistently expressed concerns over extremism and anti-India activities in Canada, urging the Trudeau government to take appropriate action against such elements.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.