Beijing: A Chinese influencer, operating under the handle @qianyibaobei on Douyin, has been arrested for fabricating a heart-wrenching story about being a single father delivering food with his young daughter. The influencer, who amassed over 400,000 followers, claimed that the child's mother had abandoned them, using this narrative to garner sympathy and profit through live-stream sales.

Authorities revealed that the man, who posted over 100 videos portraying his struggles, was neither a single father nor a delivery worker. The child's mother reportedly lives happily with the family. Police charged him with disturbing public order, imposing a fine of 500 yuan ($70) and up to 10 days of detention.

Earlier this year, another content creator, @Liangshanmengyang, was jailed for 11 months for falsely claiming to live in poverty while caring for her siblings.

Investigations have also uncovered a network of companies promoting fake content for profit, with one owner sentenced to 14 months in prison for selling fraudulent products.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has recovered 1,850 stolen and lost mobile phones worth around Rs 4 crore in past 40 days under "Mission Reconnect", an initiative aimed at returning phones to their rightful owners in outernorth Delhi, an official said on Saturday.

The recovered phones were traced from different parts of the country, including remote areas, through technical surveillance and sustained field operations, police said, adding that the devices were handed over to their owners during a programme at the Sports Ground, New Police Lines, Kingsway Camp.

The initiative focused on a victim-centric approach and aimed at strengthening public trust through proactive policing and coordinated efforts across states, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outernorth) Hareshwar Swami said.

As part of the programme, teams performed 'nukkad nataks' and screened awareness videos on cybercrime, drug abuse prevention, and senior citizen safety, sensitising the public about digital frauds and safety measures, officials said.

The initiative combines technology, investigation and community participation to ensure recovery of lost property and reconnect citizens with their valuables, they added.